Race, Ethnicity, or Nationality?

Options
123457»

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd say they play a big role. Because I'm white and white men never look at me. I'm not thin enough or blonde enough. Or whatever. If I didn't date outside of my race, I wouldn't date at all!

I am sure there must be at least one white guy who would dig you.
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    Just trying to help my fellow Louisianian! It's all fun and games until someone gets trafficked!
    WTH I'm a fellow Louisianian lol. Shreveport... HELLO.
    Shreveport might as well be Oregon!
    your mom.

true.....north of baton rouge should probably be a different state!!!! lol
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just trying to help my fellow Louisianian! It's all fun and games until someone gets trafficked!

I grew up in Shreveport.
    I've been to Oregon.

Shreveport is not Oregon.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when people who are less-suited for a position get chosen because of their race, rather than actual merit/experience/skill.

It annoys me when people who have nothing to do with the interview process assume that someone else got the position becausse of their race. Or even worse, they assume they know so much about the applicant's skill, merit, experience, or skill...
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

I grew up in Shreveport.
    I've been to Oregon.

Shreveport is not Oregon.

*Might as well be Oregon!*
    The point was.. North Louisiana is very different from South Louisiana.... most of the older gentlemen around here, jokingly, call people from North LA- yankees.

And to stay on topic and not hijack this thread: I would not date someone if they had a crazy accent... like the people you see from Swamp people.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    It annoys me when people who are less-suited for a position get chosen because of their race, rather than actual merit/experience/skill.

It annoys me when people who have nothing to do with the interview process assume that someone else got the position becausse of their race. Or even worse, they assume they know so much about the applicant's skill, merit, experience, or skill...

I agree - I always hear people say such a thing, that's why I enjoy working in a business that is a meritocracy.