Food: How hot and spicy for you?

Options

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    8+; I enjoy the discomfort of hot and spicy foods, though, so I'm not sure I can answer this question.

However, my discomfort upon exit of all of this is usually like a 20.

LOL exactly...i can eat at a 7-8, but usually keep it at a 5-6 to save my poor behind.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I like me some hot *kitten*! ((pic is cut off but I am to lazy to re-size))
    download_zps63b4afac.jpg

Dude... I want to get drunk with you and do hot sauce shots!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm a wuss. I can handle mild salsa and that's about it.
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    I'm not happy unless I cry a little.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I can take the heat as long as the flavor is there as well. It needs that balance

Pretty much this. I do enjoy a good heat that gets the sweat and snot going
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I usually pick medium if there's a choice and can tolerate hot but it's not enjoyable, so I'm guessing I'm a 5 or 6? But I LOVE spicy food.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Once it takes away from the flavor, I'm out.

same here, I dont wany it so hot that it takes away from th flavor but if it makes my nose run a little its perfect
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    20, I don't even think I can taste spicy foods anymore. I can eat Thai chili like it's a fruit.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Think about it
    ring-of-fire.jpg
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy unless I cry a little.

yup....that works

as for me....the hotter the better
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spicy foods!

The spicier the better, though my tolerance is lower since I started dieting (lower my sodium by cutting out the hot sauce) I still thoroughly enjoy foods that are so spicy that it makes you sweat and your nose run lol.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Think about it
    ring-of-fire.jpg

I used to sell that sauce..... I didn't really like that one, but that same company made others that I did like.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I can take the heat as long as the flavor is there as well. It needs that balance

^^This!
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Probably a 5 or 6. I love Sriracha "Rooster Sauce" on just about everything, but that is about as hot as I can go without being uncomfortable.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food. I like to make habanero fritters once in awhile (a la Salvador Molly's) and I still get caught munching the peppers whole every time. I put sriracha and chili garlic sauce on everything. Mm. Mmmmm.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If a trinidad scorpion is a 10, I'd say around a 7. Habaneros are about the hottest thing I'll eat consistently. I have some ghost pepper sauces and flakes but I rarely use them, especially the flakes. They give me severe pain later on.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    20, I don't even think I can taste spicy foods anymore. I can eat Thai chili like it's a fruit.

Well, technically it is a fruit...... but they are about a 6 out of 10 in my book.
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Not sure where these would rate on the scale but I have to spice up plain old grilled chicken (seem to be eating a lot of this dieting) etc with either Sriracha or Franks red hot sauce. Its got good flavor and some heat.