Replies

• jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4ijy0YjkB1rsyxu9o1_1280_zpsf953b577.jpg
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'd say a 6 or 7. I like a bit of heat but prefer flavor, otherwise it doesn't add anything to the food.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    i like to sweat from the spice. We are actally growing 7 different types of peppers right now. Can't wait to try them!
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Love spicy food, so spicy to the point where all i can taste is the heat haha! 10 for me!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Not sure where these would rate on the scale but I have to spice up plain old grilled chicken (seem to be eating a lot of this dieting) etc with either Sriracha or Franks red hot sauce. Its got good flavor and some heat.

Just my opinion - but my store used to carry 300+ hot sauces / products at any given moment, and I place them in the 4 - 6 range on a scale of 10.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'd eat 10 but I'd be sweating...8 or 9 all day
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i would say as far as eating and enjoying give me 8/9...would def eat 10 but when you cant enjoy the food because of the pain is where i draw the line.

I like some mad doggs revenge..pretty hot stuff
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like me some hot *kitten*! ((pic is cut off but I am to lazy to re-size))
    download_zps63b4afac.jpg

I think we would make good friends!!!!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    sadly i will try any heat
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Anybody like Wasabi Peanuts??? mmm...good
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I can take the heat as long as the flavor is there as well. It needs that balance

EXACTLY!
    Burning hot but low on the flavor scale means I won't eat it. But if it is flavorful and tasty, I'll deal with the heat.

These days, I tend to prefer a 6 or 7 on the hot & spicy scale. (ie: Portillos Italian Beef with hot peppers mmmmm)

Nacho (pickled) jalapenos are about as hot as I care for and even then, I sometimes get a burn I can feel in my gut. I guess I'm getting old.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    From 1 to 10? 50. I love spicy food. :D
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i like spicy..

but, not so spicy i cant enjoy food.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Don't know about your scale, but I do like a good spicy dish. That said, it has to have some flavor beyond burn to be useful.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I eat the hottest *kitten* I can get. I love habenaros and ghost peppers (mixed in with things) Currently one of my favorite hot sauces would be my Mad Dawg 357. This stuff is no joke it's made with 6million scolivolle extract and can melt steel! I can't ever find anything in the stores that comes hot enough so I use this in everything, I just buy plain old salsa and put a teaspoon of that MadDawg in there and I just instantly made extremely hot salsa! Great flavor too. Try it I dare ya!

tgsQgRM.jpg?1
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Medium Salsa in a jar makes me sweat...

This is my favorite right here...definitely NOT medium...this will blow your friggin' socks off, among other things. Gotta be careful though...too much and flames are shooting out of your *kitten* the next day.

0076588812345_500X500.jpg

1329933774_pants_on_fire_river_dive.gif

MMMM Sadie's I miss home! Love my heat!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I eat the hottest *kitten* I can get. I love habenaros and ghost peppers (mixed in with things) Currently one of my favorite hot sauces would be my Mad Dawg 357. This stuff is no joke it's made with 6million scolivolle extract and can melt steel! I can't ever find anything in the stores that comes hot enough so I use this in everything, I just buy plain old salsa and put a teaspoon of that MadDawg in there and I just instantly made extremely hot salsa! Great flavor too. Try it I dare ya!

tgsQgRM.jpg?1

hotsauce.com ! I have a bottle of 357 but not a fan to much vinegar. My favorite I own right now is Blair's Ultra death but the hottest I own is Da Bomb ground zero
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I Love spicy food. I grow lots of different hot peppers. My favorite so far is the Datil pepper. It's pretty hot (one pepper for a whole pot of chile is on the "too hot" side for most) and has a great peppery flavor.

I guess I'm a 7 or 8.

Bring on the ring of fire!

JM
  • Lucia120382
    Lucia120382 Posts: 427
    Options
    I :heart: spicy.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    ^^^this