What is your body shape???

Options
Hey ladies and gents!!! I recently put my measurements in a body shape calculator, and little did i know I'm a rectangle... yeah doesn't sound to sexy LOL . Anyways my whole life i thought i was apple shaped considering i gain all my weight in my upper body such as my bust and tummy, and no weight in my lower body like my hips and bum, looking like im about to tip over!!! hahah :( I always dreamed of that curvy pear or hour glass shape. I know its genetic and every body just stores fat in different places,but hopefully when i lose weight ill achieve some more curves, but in the right places this time lol.
So what shape are you?? ( hour glass, apple, pear, rectangle, inverted triangle etc)
what do you like or not like about it??
here is the link to the calculator if you wanna give it a try
http://www.westfield.co.nz/nz/news/body-shape-calculator

also give me a add always looking for new buddies :)

Replies

• xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Apple, big ole apple. LOL
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    an hourglass apparently haha but i personally think im more of a pear
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear! I definitely gain weight on the bottom half. Was half hoping I'll get an hour glass but I'll have to lose 2 inches on the hips :tongue:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Human female I think.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Inverted triangle. Awesome......
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Hourglass, according to the page :)
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. For the most part, I love my shape. Shopping for clothes though? Pain in the butt! Shirts that fit my waist usually don't fit my bust, and pants that fit my butt are usually too loose on my waist or they gap in the back when I sit or bend over.

I plugged in my old measurements (from a month ago) and that particular calculator listed me as a rectangle, so you never know - when you lose weight or do some strength training you may well be able to change your shape!

PS - Anyone looking for friends or motivation, feel free to add me.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm a rectangle too!! The positive side of that is apparently we can get away with most fashions, lol!! x
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. But another site said I was a banana, and one said I was an athletic spoon. Who knows which one's right? :laugh:
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Fecking hourglass. Big boobs, big *kitten*, full hips. Grrr unfashionable lol
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Complete and utter pear. I love my flat stomach and am learning not to mind my "generous" thighs. BUT I have NO bust, and that is mostly ok, but buying dresses is a nightmare. What fits at the top will not go over my hips :(
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm hourglass! I thought I was pear but I'm not :) That's nice to know hehe
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hourglass - which is not all it's cracked up to be sometimes, lol.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I went to the link - put in my measurements - I'm a flippin Apple this is what it said next about me -

The apple is round and luscious. You carry most of your weight around your generous tummy but have a great pair of breasts to top it off. Enhance all these curves by creating a sense of balance and proportion.

I'm not sure how to feel.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    PEAR! I NEVER find proper denims! My waist is too small and hips are still pretty large! Working on it though :)
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    hahahaha x) WELL then :P Gotta work that bust, Aaron!
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm a Cello - hips/bum/thighs wider than my boobs, with a defined waist in between.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Proportioned.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    according to most of them (including that one) I'm an hourglass, but according to what tips about clothing choices actually work for me, I'm an inverted triangle. This is because I have a large rib cage and small boobs, which gives a large bust measurement, but my overall shape is actually an inverted triangle.
  • nyemu
    nyemu Posts: 43
    Options
    according to this hourglass (always thought i was an apple).