What is your excuse? (pics included)

Options
I want to start by saying that I am not writing this to look for compliments or way to go’s. I just want to share my story because I see so many people talking about how bad they want to lose weight and that they don’t have time to workout or it’s so hard to get motivated.

So here it is…For the last four years I have been attending college full-time while working full-time and being the main bread winner for my family. Somehow, I found more than 24 hours in a day. Two years ago, I was one of 20 people that decided our town needed a different kind of church, so we started one where I also volunteered as the financial clerk and youth pastor until recently.

I studied for and earned the highest credentials possible for a lactation consultant, YAY BOOBS! I decided to divorce my husband because I finally got fed up with the mental, emotional, and physical abuse that I was receiving. I am still currently dealing with this process.

I am graduating with a Bachelor’s degree endorsed with the highest honors. I wanted to give up many times on most of this, but I pushed through.

Look at my ticker. I have lost 27 lbs too. I wake up every morning around 4 am to work out so that I have time at the end of the day to make dinner for my kids, spend quality time with them, be the best mom possible, and work on school work. I lift 3 days a week and do some form of cardio 3 days a week. I made this a priority in my life and fit it in where I could to make it work.

What I can tell you is it’s not easy. If it were, we would all have our dream bodies and gyms would be out of business. You might not want to hear this, but it takes making it a priority and motivating yourself to get off your butt and do something to reach your goal.

If someone like me, a small town girl from Indiana that doesn’t have much, can do this and lose weight (the healthy way), what are you waiting for?

TL:DR….I’m a freakin’ busy person and found time to workout.

The picture that started it all…

8d70834a-b0d7-4e86-99fb-79958a7e6a51_zpsee3a4bc3.jpg

PROGRESS

IMAG0150_zpsb4dba540.jpg

e6e5f149-cca4-40f2-bb67-078448c29e23_zps8bdf882d.jpg

A couple for the fellas :wink:

5fb025a1-b11b-46db-83be-a43c7b2da0f2_zpsb730704c.jpg

673e9bf6-1315-4eae-bd47-017382d168cd_zpsb5888ee2.jpg

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You are my girl!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I think you are fantastic. I marvel at the time you find in your day to get everything accomplished and I am SO PROUD of your success with your studies and your weight loss.

I'm very very happy to consider you one of my friends.

I <3 you.

L
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You should already know that I think you're pretty amazing. Reading stuff like this just makes you MORE amazing. How do you keep getting better? :wink:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Yum...ermmm...I mean great loss.

I just posted this on my status here:
    We stop looking under our beds for monsters when we realize they are really within us.

There are so many times we look at all the outside factors that can distract us from our goals. Work, family, kids, TV, parties, etc. We all claim they conspire against us and lead us to temptation and digression. But that seed is really planted within us and the only way it grows is if we allow our own minds to nurture it and allow it to take root through our body. It is destructive and if we don't start to trim it back; to cut it down until we can get to it's roots to kill it, it will always kill those goals and dreams.

So prune and trim my friends. Tend to that garden inside of each of us and nurture the fruits of you hard work and not the tree of denial, distractions, and temptation.

The ugly monster is not under your bed, but inside you.

You got this!
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TY....:smile:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    yeah, you're awesome

totally-awesome.gif
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are right - you have to make the time - proud of you girl! :drinker:
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it's truly amazing.

I have to ask though, do you normally get to sleep a good 8 hours a night?

P.S. I think I'm gonna have to start lifting, you look great :D
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You have shown that it CAN be done if you are willing to put the time in.

You are freaking awesome girly!!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! For so many years I didn't have time to take care of myself. I had small kids, I had to work, I had to cook, clean, do the shopping, the laundry, and so on and on. Now years later, with an extra 30 lbs, and an extra small kid, I have made the time. I make myself a priority now too.

I just had this conversation with a friend of mine, her husband and her were saying that they didn't have time for fitness. Sometimes you have to review your priorities and decide what stays and what goes.

Thank you for this post that reinforces what I have learned. You have done an amazing thing.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You're 100% right! Progress and achievements are going to be determined by where your priorities lie, regardless of "how much time you have". You've done amazing . . . such an inspiration for busy moms everywhere!!!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it's truly amazing.

I have to ask though, do you normally get to sleep a good 8 hours a night?

P.S. I think I'm gonna have to start lifting, you look great :D

Honestly, it depends on the day. It is actually healthy to get 6-7 hours a night as well.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring wel done
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic! :heart:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    FULL of WIN!!