any zumba success stories?

Options

Replies

• RachelMNBurke
    RachelMNBurke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sounds like you are losing weight the healthy, long term way! Way to be!!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What if you have 0-zilch-nada rhythm? I couldn't follow a group fitness class if you gave me a map, GPS and shoved me in the right direction. Could I Zumba without hurting others, myself or being politely asked to never return?

Heck yes!
    There is a woman that goes to one of the Zumba classes I attend, and she rarely follows what the instructor is doing. The whole point of it is to get you moving for an hour. Also the steps are really repetitive, so once you do it a couple times, you'll be a pro!
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've had a small success, losing 16lbs since January, doing only Zumba and changing up my diet. It's the only form of exercise I've found that I don't dread so hopefully it'll keep working for me longterm.
  • RachelMNBurke
    RachelMNBurke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have one to share! :) I had my caboose on May 25, 2012 and at 2 weeks post delivery I took my first Zumba class and was hooked! I just got my license to teach Zumba Fitness this past January. :bigsmile:

I've lost 58 lbs by doing Zumba every day for 45 min to 65 minutes (depending on how I'm feeling).

58lbsdown_zps2e47b1c3.jpg
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    I did zumba for about a year and I didn't see any weight changes until I started doing other classes with it BUT zumba alone definitely strengthened my endurance.
  • greyfoxx006
    greyfoxx006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have one to share! :) I had my caboose on May 25, 2012 and at 2 weeks post delivery I took my first Zumba class and was hooked! I just got my license to teach Zumba Fitness this past January. :bigsmile:

I've lost 58 lbs by doing Zumba every day for 45 min to 65 minutes (depending on how I'm feeling).

58lbsdown_zps2e47b1c3.jpg

This is a great success story!! Inspirational! Gratz on the loss!! And Gratz on getting your teaching license for Zumba!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! I started over a year ago. I put on my big girl panties and went into a class alone, very hard to do. I couldn't keep up, felt like I had two left feet and very uncoordinated! Made myself go back to that class 3x a week and voila! One year later I am down 74 lbs, watching diet, strength training etc along with Zumba. But this class started it all! I love that you can work harder jump higher or dance harder for more of a workout, really up to you as long as you are moving! I look forward to every Zumba class and all of the new friends that enjoy the same. Very grateful to have found a great instructor as that makes the class that much better. good luck!
  • krisleut
    krisleut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba..
    I have noticed a change in my body (tighter, stronger, clothes fitting better) but since I started almost 2 months ago and go 2 times a week I have not lost any weight.

I am also sticking to a 1200 calorie diet....

Any pointers?
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's there, I do an hour and it comes up almost 9 hundred cal burned
  • CmeATtheGym
    CmeATtheGym Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To:Chris99mu

Yes ! You can still Zumba. Do Not Let Anything Hold You Back. JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I just found a Zumba class and it has kick started my work outs! Finding something you truly enjoy doing helps a lot. I'm not a gym person. I've tried and tried and it's just not my thing. I either want to be outside our dancing so this is working great for me. I think it would be helpful to do other things in addition to Zumba. I am planning on doing Zumba classes M and W at 60 minutes each and Jogging/walking on Friday or Saturday. I'd like to start working on my arms on the days in between and I'm also doing a squat challenge. I have to do 110 today! I think Zumba is a great work out and I will continue to do it. It is fun and it makes me feel great.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Also, my instructor turns off the lights for Zumba! She teaches on a stage with a light and we are all in the dark. You can still see fine, but it helps a lot of people with their own insecurities. I can't wait to go to class tonight!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Also, my instructor turns off the lights for Zumba! She teaches on a stage with a light and we are all in the dark. You can still see fine, but it helps a lot of people with their own insecurities. I can't wait to go to class tonight!

That is an awesome idea!!! I want to teach a class using glow bands, but I like that idea much better.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I dont have a lot of weight to lose, but I add it once a week to switch things up, its so much fun!! Definitely helps tone areas that we have issues with, and you dont even notice your workin out!

Also: to those who checked out http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ for zumba calories burned, its fairly low. I weight 141, it says with high intensity I would burn about 478 in a 45 min class. I used my HRM on saturday at Zumba and burned 636! A lot more :)
  • NattyCANTOO
    Options
    What if you have 0-zilch-nada rhythm? I couldn't follow a group fitness class if you gave me a map, GPS and shoved me in the right direction. Could I Zumba without hurting others, myself or being politely asked to never return?

Chris99mu - don't worry about all that! I've only done a few classes so here's my advice from one newby to another. Like others suggested, find a class that's "lights out". it's a great way to get down without feeling so self conscience. Also, just relax. I went in thinking everyone was gonna know all the moves and I would be the only one stumbling around. Wrong. there are a lot of people that lack that sort of rythym. just follow the instructor and do your best. everyone else is watching the instructor too, not you! I think you'll find yourself smiling the whole time and having a lot of fun! And you'll probably surprise yourself with how quickly you catch on! Good luck! all the best!
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have zilch rhythm myself, so I hid out at the back of the class at the beginning. I was pitiful, but the instructor told me just keep moving, keep it at my level. I did. As time went on, i started doing better and better, it took awhile, but now I can move it, and I have even gained some rhythm...I amaze myself! ANYONE can do it!! If you don't like one instructor, try a different class....look for a Zumba Gold class to start, if you can find one. Works you just as much, just a little slower.
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thanks for posting on here! What about any pics? Does anyone have and progress pics they can share that are mostly thanks to doing Zumba workouts?
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I am about to hit Zumba tonight for the first time. I love to dance so I hope this becomes my new passion. I need something exercise-wise to be passionate about. I read a person can burn 700-1000 an hour.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm a little different, Total computer geek. So I love video games and the sedentary life style that comes with that. I recently started up my Xbox Kinect again and move it to my den. bought Dance central 2. but find it a bit repetitive. it was a great start. but I don't care for the sound track much.After 20 days later I bought Zumba Core Fitness. It was kicking my *kitten* for the first time. So I'm hooked. Love the Sweat amount and the full panting, heart coming out of my chest experience. 10-12 session later, I found out I can crunch double the weight on a machine and I got tone in my arms that I have not seen before.
    Not all contributing to Zumba, In my 45 day weight loss journey, I've lost 15 lbs. And the suit I was fitted for 2 years ago. I can put 2 fist in the waist area and have room to spare. lost about 5-6 inchin the waist alone.
    Every session on Zumba alone I burn over 700 calories, and adding some warm up exercise and cool down exercise and yoga, I've consistently log around 1000 calories per day. (All numbers based on Heart Rate Monitor) Today i logged 1380 calories, best day yet. 1 hour Zumba sessions + 10 min Dance central Sprint program + others.

Yes , Guys do Zumba too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!