How many calories a day do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MFP set my calories per day to 1480, so I usually eat between 1200 and 1500. If I eat my nighttime snack of some almonds & dark chocolate, it's closer to 1500. If not, closer to 1200.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    1980 cal a day im following the road map as well
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I see so many people talking about tdee, I'm confused. I started mfp about a year ago and have lost a lot of weight but went to the tdee calculator and it told me a very high number . I currently eat 1200 cals a day ( mfp) calculated. Tdee has me set with a 20 percent def 1820 . If I got over my 1200 a day for any amount of time ( week or so) I gain about 3-5 pounds. So how can I eat 1820 and lose weight? Sorry if this is confusing but I'm lost on this
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Calories are set to eat are around 1800, but really only eat around 900 to 1000. But I have dropped 25 pounds and have gotten down to my goal weight, but I also credit this to doing this site and also using Weight Watchers Online to!!!
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Calories are set to eat are around 1800, but really only eat around 900 to 1000. But I have dropped 25 pounds and have gotten down to my goal weight, but I also credit this to doing this site and also using Weight Watchers Online to!!!

Thank Nathan, was wondering if I was missing something here. This works for me changing to something else is scary.. If its not broke I won't fix it :)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    1400 and at least half of any exercise cals :)
  • saragregg
    saragregg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the day. If i've done a whole lot of nothing all day; then an intake of 1400 is fine for me(still giving me 500 deficit). When I do insanity work outs then i'm usually about 1800-2000(also still getting 500 for weight loss). I do not believe in starving myself; it's so important to get your food in if you're doing any kind of high level exercises.
    I got my calculations from beachbody. Just find your maintenance and subtract 400-500. But make sure you arn't too low if you're adding exercise. Add me if you like and take a look at my diary. I've just started back, but lost 50 pounds with this method after I had my daughter a few years ago.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1400-1500 most days, MFP had set it to 1200, but I was hungry and lacked energy until I upped it. It didn't seem to affect my progress any.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in Sept. 2012 at 1200 calories, and moved up to 1350 in early December because I started exercizing more.
    I eat back half of my exercise calories, which average about 300-500 per day.
    A couple days ago, I reverted back to 1200 because I hit a plateau and am frustrated.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm averaging ~1400 which is my BMR.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have been eating around 1200 for the past 6 months and am steadily losing 1 pound a week now. I am also 49, 5'6". and just dipped under 190, so I still have a ways to go. I don't eat my exercise cals, because even with moderate exercise 3-4 days a week, I am still considered sedentary. But if I do go over a few cals, I don't sweat it.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1200and 1400. I do not eat. My exercise calories back.
    My TDEE is around 1630. So for me this equals less than a pound a week loss. I'm 5'0", 47, and fairly sedentary.
    YMMV....

:)
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I eat 1740 everyday minimum. Must times its closer to 2000+ cause I eat my exercise calories back. I drop a average of a pound a week. It's not a quick weightloss but I am completely satisfied and its easy to work with as its not really a "diet" at all
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have to set as 1500 per day, but I find it hard to eat that much (I'm in recovery from an eating disorder)