Veggie&Fruit 1-Day Challenge – Saturday March 9, 2013

Options
This one-day challenge is meant for those who would like to increase their fruit and veggie consumption and create an awareness of their nutritional values. This is a weekly challenge for 2013! (And it does not have to be Saturday, it can be any day of the week.)

1. Post if you are in and what you are going to do for the day
2. Report back how you did at the end of the day or – also good - the next morning!

Here is how the challenge works:
-SUBSTITUTE any (or all) of the starch / meat / dairy food portion in a meal with Fresh Vegetables (where possible)
-EAT vegetables and/or fruit at every meal and snack time for the day.
-Have only (fresh) fruits or vegetables for snacks
-Drink 8oz of water and stay away from alcohol / soft drinks
-Aim for 30g of fiber for the day
-If you can't do a whole day, do one meal

Good luck everyone!
Rebel Renny
From Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks dear Renny!

Will do again Wednesday, worked well last week so keeping goals the same:
    7 servings fruit and veggies, no sugar, no hooch, no meat.

All stocked up: Apples, arugula, avocado, bananas, beets, brussels sprouts, carrots, celeriac, clementines, lettuce, crimini mushrooms, cucumber, grapefruit, kohlrabi, red onion, parsnips. Tomorrow is gonna be a big veg prep day, with lotsa roastin' and grillin'! Maybe I'll finally make that hummus, too!
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is not a challenge for me..it's a component of my church's collective Consecration...we do this 3 days a week, and it does make a difference, even though weight loss is not the goal. :)
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Decided to focus on fruits today. Felt great! smoothie at lunch, and an even bigger one tonight. No alcohol today.

@foxymama - good stuff. The challenge for you may be to consume enough veggies and fruits every day. Everyday a huge salad and you're half way there. I aim to make it to 9 servings per day, and 30 grams of fiber. Good luck to you.

@Barbara - Planning ahead is so much part of success. I'm a lot better during weekdays to get the fruits and veggies in.

:heart:
    Renny
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    1 clementines, 1 cabbage, .25 green onions, .75 bsprouts, .25 radishes, .5 carrots, .25 parsnips, .5 kohlrabi, 1 celeriac, 1 apple =6.5 servings of F & V... and no meat, sugar or alcohol. YAY!!!