THE REAL REASONS I DON'T DO HEAVY WEIGHTS

Options
OK TO KEEP IT REAL I DON'T DO HEAVY WEIGHTS FOR 2 REASON

1) I WANT TO GET CUT, BUT I'M SCARED I WILL END UP BUFF/BULKY
2) I KNOW MUSCLE IS HEAVIER THAN FAT AND I'VE GOTTEN SO EXCITED SEEING THE SCALE GO DOWN, I'M SCARED THAT WILL MAKE IT GO UP.

BUT I KEEP LOOKING AT ALL THESE FITNESS PAGES ON FACEBOOK AND STUFF WITH THESE WOMEN DOING HEAVY WEIGHTS AND I SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR THEIR BODY AND THAT'S WHAT I WANT.I REALLY LIKE WHAT IT DOES FOR THEIR STOMACH, BUTT, THIGHS, AND ARMS.

Replies

• nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You won't get bulked up like a body builder unless you put in rediculous effort towards that specific goal.

Even most guys have to bust their *kitten* to get bulky.

Just give it a shot, if you do it for a month or two and don't like the results - stop. :)
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

BUT I KEEP LOOKING AT ALL THESE FITNESS PAGES ON FACEBOOK AND STUFF WITH THESE WOMEN DOING HEAVY WEIGHTS AND I SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR THEIR BODY AND THAT'S WHAT I WANT.I REALLY LIKE WHAT IT DOES FOR THEIR STOMACH, BUTT, THIGHS, AND ARMS.

Then realize that the fear of getting bulky is irrational and that scale weight really doesn't matter and lift heavy.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Then realize that the fear of getting bulky is irrational and that scale weight really doesn't matter and lift heavy.

QFT
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Well you should probably lift some weights... so you can push that caps lock button down.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Actually if you lift somewhat heavy you will gain lean muscle which will keep your metabolism high, therefore you would burn more calories, and in turn burn more fat. Strength training is imperative to reducing body fat which is more important than the numbers on the scale. There is "skinny fat" *skinny but flabby with no muscle tone, or lean with some muscle definition... Hands down the second option looks and feel better. That's just my opinion.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If you look and feel good, why does the number on the scale matter at all? I would rather be 150 and well built than 125 and skeletal.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    OK TO KEEP IT REAL I DON'T DO HEAVY WEIGHTS FOR 2 REASON

1) I WANT TO GET CUT, BUT I'M SCARED I WILL END UP BUFF/BULKY
    Step 1: Get over that.
    2) I KNOW MUSCLE IS HEAVIER THAN FAT AND I'VE GOTTEN SO EXCITED SEEING THE SCALE GO DOWN, I'M SCARED THAT WILL MAKE IT GO UP.
    Step 2: Get over that too.
    Step 3: Then pick up some heavy weights.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    # 1 Muscle is not heavier than fat

# 2 You are already bulky- fat is bulky.

Lifting heavy weights will increase lean muscle mass and decrease fat.. making you look leaner, not bulky.. unless you have a super high testosterone level and your growing chest hair.. probably not gonna happen.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    you answered your own question if I'm not mistaken? HIT THE WEIGHTS!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    OK. LIFT THEN.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    why are you people so annoying. she was looking for inspiration and a boost up not to be beaten down and kicked. try a positive approach people.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I heard if you putt a weight on your butt it starts to look like beyonces after a week...is that true?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    why are you people so annoying. she was looking for inspiration and a boost up not to be beaten down and kicked. try a positive approach people.

*Scans thread for alleged beating down of OP* Nope, not seeing it. Next.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    She was asking for it ^
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You will not get bulky unless you try extremely hard for years and eat at a huge surplus. I've seen fabulous results in myself and my friends from heavy lifting. It helps define and accentuate their curves, not detract from them. Go for it.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I heard if you putt a weight on your butt it starts to look like beyonces after a week...is that true?

Welp I know what must be done. GOTTA GET DAT BOOTY (and maybe get it insured like J.Lo :laugh:)
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LIFT HEAVY!! You will not get bulky, and the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism aaand the easier it is to lose fat. And you will just have to learn that the scale lies... I used to weigh myself daily and was sooo caught up with the number that my health suffered... Now i lift heavy, eat more, and im fine with my weight. What really matters is measurements!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I think you may have meant to post this in another thread, all I'm seeing here is good advice.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I hear what you're saying and it all depends on what final results you want to achieve with your body and health.
    If you want to get big and muscular, there are a number of ways to do that. But it sounds like you want to get lean
    with some nice muscle tone.
    My wife wanted to do the same thing and did. She looks fabulous and it's all because of..... :)
    Here's my e-mail if you want to know more jamey@150fitness.com
    Have a great night!!

yea.... i trust you.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I hear what you're saying and it all depends on what final results you want to achieve with your body and health.
    If you want to get big and muscular, there are a number of ways to do that. But it sounds like you want to get lean
    with some nice muscle tone.
    My wife wanted to do the same thing and did. She looks fabulous and it's all because of..... :)
    Here's my e-mail if you want to know more jamey@150fitness.com
    Have a great night!!

yea.... i trust you.

And you can come workout in my gym that's in the back of this dark alley too.