Do you have a cut off time to eating?

Do you have a cut off time for when you no longer eat?
Like some people say don't eat after 6pm or 8 pm.
I tend to get the munchies at night I try to eat healthy snacks but am wondering if this could be a source to my slow weight loss.
I eat like a rabbit and walk anywhere from 3 to 5 miles 6 days a week and this last week I think I will be gaining instead of losing
unless my scale really changes tomorrow.

Replies

• That is true in some ways, but if you're absolutely starving, eat ! After all, you need to feed your body when it's hungry just don't have carbs after 6 pm and wait at least 30 mins before going to bed after eating since everything slows down when you go to sleep. You can also try drinking a mug of green tea and a big glass of water before bed, it will curb your hunger and it's an amazing natural detox.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I eat until I fall asleep and am a perfectly fine weight. Cut off times tend to be effective because a lot of people start munching and consume a lot of calories before bed.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    When the world runs out of food.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    I eat when I am hungry and I don't eat when I am not. I don't think my body gives a rats bootay what the clock says, and I truly don't either. I haven't seen any problems with losing weight because of it.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    I eat where ever, when ever. If I could figure out a way to eat whilst sleeping, I would.
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    I don't eat after 6-7 but drink water when I feel a hunger craving.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    No, I just got out of bed to eat another snack because I don't like falling asleep hungry.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Do you have a cut off time for when you no longer eat?

Not for any reason to do with weight loss. I don't think it matters if I eat my calories at 5:34 pm, 2 am or Tuesday. As long as there are calories in and calories out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    My cut off time is when I fall asleep.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    When I'm done eating ice cream. Gotta meet my calorie goal, you know, before bedtime.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    My last meal is an hour before I go to bed, I don't think eating times make a difference. While you are asleep, your body is working hard repairing all the damage you did through out the day, so I load up on proteins, and get a full night's rest. I have been losing 0.4 - 0.6 every day since I started minimum.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Like everyone else said: time doesn't matter, just meet your goal each day:)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    It's not a hard & fast rule, but I generally try to be (mostly) done chewing/swallowing by the time I finish getting up the stairs on my way to bed.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I know a lot of people like eating in bed. There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks, you know?
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    When I die.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    I know a lot of people like eating in bed. There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks, you know?

That's what you have a belly button for, so you have something to hold the salt for your veggies.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    When I die.

This used to be my policy too.

But then I amended my will
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I eat in bed on a regular. Heck, I wake up in the middle of the night and eat sometimes.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

That's what you have a belly button for, so you have something to hold the salt for your veggies.

The two main schools of thought on this issue contend that the belly button is either a unit of measurement or a holder for cereal.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    No I eat regardless if I am hungry - your body metabolizes at the same rate throughout the day, it will only increase when doing activities, either way it is still being used up, just not as fast, ( no heavy meals after 8 though, just snacking, like an apple)