Do you have a cut off time to eating?

2»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I know a lot of people like eating in bed. There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks, you know?

That's what you have a belly button for, so you have something to hold the salt for your veggies.

The two main schools of thought on this issue contend that the belly button is either a unit of measurement or a holder for cereal.

That's how you get ants, in your belly button... then pants. No thanks.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    No.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    My cut off time is either when the calories run out or my head hits the pillow.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    I actually just had an appointment with a dietitian and discussed this. She encouraged eating a light snack before going to bed (apple, milk, etc.). She said it gives your body something to run on while repairing itself. Also, she said it helps you to feel hungry when you first wake up, so you'll be more likely to eat breakfast -- the most important meal :)
  • jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    I did an experiment.
    On one week, I didn't eat after 4 (Early dinner), and on the following week, I had late dinner at 6 and snacked some, not a lot, but little snack here and there while all maintaining my calorie goal.
    On the week where I had early lunch and no snack of any kind after, lost twice as much as I would snack and have late dinner.

Right now? I'm just lazy and snacking all the time gaining few pounds back... LOL
    I hope that helped. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    Yep.................right before I go to sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    My only cut off time is when I decide to brush my teeth before bed. I eat when I'm hungry. I'm eating now, at 11:30 pm.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I know a lot of people like eating in bed. There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks, you know?

That's what you have a belly button for, so you have something to hold the salt for your veggies.

The two main schools of thought on this issue contend that the belly button is either a unit of measurement or a holder for cereal.

:flowerforyou:

I am so happy your back.
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Some people can't sleep when they are hungry and some can't sleep when they are full, it's just up to you I guess.

Sometimes I have an after dinner snack and sometimes I don't. I just listen to my body, I don't always feel the need to have something but if I am super hungry and I ate dinner at 6:00 pm and I don't fall asleep till like 1:00-2:00 am I'll grab something. I can't sleep when my stomach is growling at me.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    When the world runs out of food.

This^^ or once I reached my calorie goal
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    When I fall asleep
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    My cut off time is when I fall asleep.

Me too.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member

This troll knows she doesn't eat, she's too busy doing a lemonade cleanse.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member

Whatever. You're way off. I'm really into this miracle soup thing right now.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member

Whatever. You're way off. I'm really into this miracle soup thing right now.

Haha