What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• Nana920
    Nana920 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We have a 120lb. Lab/walker hound/clown mix who is 8 named Spanky. Also a 20lb. Puggle named Zooma, 4 years old. And a beautiful 1 year old cat, Bella, who adopted us 1 year ago. They all stay in trouble, and love to go exploring together thru the fields. Pictures are in my profile.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    <
    Labradane, Rupert. He is the oldest and the best $50 I ever spent. Princess Bella is the Doberman, and Maggie is our new addition. Some kind of pit mix. She's sweet and loving and learning fast. You would never know she was born in a ditch from the way she takes over the bed any chance she can get.
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a doberman and comming soon a neapolitan mastiff
    here they are, Gracie (the doberman) and Igor (the neapolitan)
    DSCF1823.jpg
    PuppiesFeb27220-Copy640x420.jpg
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We have a West Highland White terrier (Abby, 11 yrs), a standard Schnauzer (Dexter, 13 yrs), and a Shih tzu/Bichon (Oscar, almost 6). And we have a grey DSH cat (Sophie, 7 yrs). :)
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Shih Tzu / Maltese mix, i don't know how to upload pics on a thread.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <---- Miniature wirehaired dachsund. This is a picture of her as a puppy but she looks just like this only bigger and rounder. She weighs about 15 pounds which is probably 2 pounds too much. Her registered name is Gutsy Grizelda but we call her Grizzle. I raised and showed English Bulldogs for 20 years but don't even have one now. Grizzle is the best dog I have ever had.
  • anatuli
    anatuli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE dogs and through the years I have had up to 13. I live out in the middle of nowhere and abandoned or lost dogs show up and I don't have the heart of getting rid of them. I have lost a few and so right now I have 9, 3 inside and 6 outside. My inside dogs are Jack, Dixie, and Dottie. Jack is a Dachshund that I rescued at the Humane Society as a puppy. He is going on 13 yrs now and has Addison's disease. They know us well at the Vet. Dottie is also a Dachshund that I found walking down a busy highway. She was in terrible shape. Mangy and skinny. I have had her with me for 11 yrs. Dixie is my Chihuahua. She is a character and she too is a rescue. I like cats too but I cannot have them because I don't like cats inside the house and the outside dogs will not except them. There are two feral cats that I put out food for at night.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    The invisible kind! Dogs are stinky, lick at you, need a lot of attention and roll in poo/dead stuff. No thanks! I have 3 kids, last thing I need is a dog!! We have a cat, the kids love him, and he doesn't tear apart my shoes if I leave him alone for the day when I got to work.

Kids are stinky, leak on you and need a lot of attention. They bring home dead stuff all the time, and create a lot of poo. But we have them anyways.

Dogs also give you unconditional love that NO human can give: they don't care what you look like, what your popularity is, how much money you have in the bank, whether or not they have the "nicest things" or go on the "fanciest vacations." They are there to greet you when you come home from a long, hard day at work. They are there to listen when you are hurt and upset. They don't judge you. They will sit by your side for no other reason than wanting to be near you. And they will remain faithful and loyal to the very end.

I love my kids, but my dog gives me many things not even my kids can give me. And that purpose alone is why I cherish having a dog in my home.

Now, it's time for me to give my dog one of the simplest things she wants -- a nice walk around the neighborhood.
    my kids are definitely messier than my dog, lol . dogs only stink if they don't get bathed, same is true for kids.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yellow Labrador.
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a chihuahua cross jack russell, Pepe and another big long haired mutt of a dog named Bella. She looks like a miniature irish wolfhound.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    This is Ramona, my 4 y/o Puggle (well, she's smaller than most Puggles, and I think there may be some chihuahua in there somewhere). When she was about 8 weeks old, I took her away from some kids who were dangling her over the side of a bridge and about to drop her in a river. My constant companion. She has the stubbornness of a pug and the impulse control of a Beagle (a maddening combination), and she has more energy in her tiny little toenails than I do in my whole body. I think she may be the reason I'm seriously considering taking up running - her only two speeds are full throttle and asleep.

4381679535_4f17f79e29_m.jpg
    I Have a Stick! by raspberryblonde, on Flickr

Thank you!!! :heart:

I grab any stray dogs I can catch, they are so vulnerable out there alone. Mine is a rescue - from the Bureau of Animal Control. He definitely showed signs of having been abused. Spoiled now. Begging for his walk as I type:tongue:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Two beautiful Labrador Retrievers, Augusta, age 13 and Grace, age 9. Between them, over 40 agility championship titles.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like the dog in my profile pic. German shepherd mix.

He really does watch every bite unless I chase him away :grumble:
  • Nutty84steph
    Options
    i have a black lab called buddy who's 21weeks today and a hugeeeee pain in the bum lol Xx
  • ChristinaD2
    Options
    3 Year Old Cairn Terrier, named Murray :heart:
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a pb rotti, she is absolutely adorable and steals everyone's heart when hey see her smiling. want to get another rotti but waiting for the right now
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I adopted my dog, Kuma-chan, from the Humane Society a little over a month ago. She's a 2-3 year old, 22lb mutt..possibly daschaund and labrador. Sounds funny but she really looks like a mini-lab and a permanent puppy!

photo22_zps2cb8a319.jpg

Kuma3_zps04167e68.jpg

photo10_zps7b46f54c.jpg

photo24_zps6cf3ad0e.jpg
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We have a 3 year old black Pug named Bella. She's a character!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have a 90 lb Boxer named Radar, he's 10 yrs old and he thinks he's a human. I also have two kitties
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I have a 4 year old(going on 6 months lol) black lab named Rocco. He is the goofiest, funniest thing ever!

rocky_zpsf2bd3e1b.jpg

And a 6 year old Schnoodle(Schnauzer/Poodle) named Bentley

He is the sweetest thing, and loves to stop and smell the roses...Literally!

323_38944276136_510596136_863244_9214_n_zps518e7a0b.jpg