Plain Greek Yogurt

Options
13»

Replies

• mintywank
    Options
    plain greek yoghurt is the only yoghurt I eat - tastes good with fruit, tastes good in smoothies, tastes good on curries and tastes good on its own! and so good for you compared to regular (and sweetened, eww) yoghurt.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't think it tastes like sour cream. I love it for breakfast with fruit and granola. If I want sour cream I just have a couple tablespoons and enjoy, There isn't that huge of a calorie difference.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of recipes call for plain Greek Yogurt, and alot of people use it as condiment instead of sour cream...does it really taste as good as sour cream? I mean, is it something you have to get used to, or is it delicious? I see it used as a topping for potatoes/sweet potatoes. I am intrigued, but dont want it to be weird. lol

Never done any of that but i mix it with chopped fruit and sometimes a little molasses if I need to indulge my sweet tooth. :bigsmile: I will have to put some on my baked sweet potato next time n try it.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I use it for anything that would call for sour cream, and it's just as good - to me. The probiotics are really good for you.

I also use it to make savory salad dressings, just add spices. Or I mix it with salsa to top potatoes and Mexican dishes.
    I mix yogurt, balsamic vinegar, milk to thin it and either grain mustard or horseradish sauce as a salad dressing.

that sounds soooo good!