31 lbs 'til Goal... I'm finaly seeing a change. Do You?

Options
mhorn2142
mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
I started at 304 lbs in April of last year. I made a decision to change my life and in May of 2012 I was 299lbs. At Christmas I weighed 206lbs. and today I weigh 181lbs.

I have struggled to see a change. In every mirror and in every picture I still look like the biggest person around. At least in my head. I am a size 12 but started at a size 26. I still see a size 26. I pick at each imperfection and will probably never be fully satisfied.

But today I saw a difference. A small change. Ok a big change, but not in my image as much as in the race to the top of the hill and down I did with my little girl. We ran up and down a hill racing back and forth not once or twice but like 5 times, until she got tired... not me. I decided to upload some pictures for my own inspiration, and hopefully someone else will also be inspired to race with their 'lil ones until their 'lil ones get tired and can't keep up.

MiriahandrobinARcave-1.jpg
March of 2012 (304 ish) on a hike with my 17yr. old son.

miriah7monthspost-op.jpg
December 2012 (206 ish) nearly 100lbs. down

mommyandry-nanza13_zps59985464.jpg
Today March 8, 2013 (181 lbs) nearly 125lbs. down

mommyandry-nanza13-2_zps24aec0d6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!! - you look AMAZING!! Keep up the good work - You should be PROUD!! :)
  • dianatogo
    dianatogo Posts: 37
    Options
    That is awesome and that's just from the outside. Think about the great, positive changes for your health. GJ!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, you look fantastic!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
    Great job!
  • Dartgal73
    Dartgal73 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • sabriyamor
    Options
    Great job, just the motivation I needed :)
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Theresa8267
    Theresa8267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Truly inspiring, thank you for sharing.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference.. You look healthy, happy, and fit. You have to be proud of yourself. There should be an emoticon that does applause.... Congratulations. You look beautiful. :flowerforyou: :smooched: :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • rplitt09
    rplitt09 Posts: 7
    Options
    You look fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Amazing work!
  • joislosingit
    joislosingit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! HUGE changes...... you look fantastic. Well done
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations!

If you can't see your progress, I do think some therapy may be in order. Body dysmorphic disorder is treatable.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-dysmorphic-disorder/DS00559
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You are totally different, you dont even look like the same person!
    If I saw you somewhere I would think what a pretty chick. You have a nice look..let yourself enjoy it!
    You have done what I have tried to do and failed for a long time...so awesome.
  • NanaB2011
    NanaB2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You look AMAZING!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW!!! That is a huge transformation!! You should be so proud of all the hard work you've put in, because it has REALLY paid off! Congrats girl, you're an inspiration.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Of course We see A difference. The most important thing is not that you can run with although that is great, but now she has a great example of what it means to live a healthy lifestyle, Congrats on your success.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations!

If you can't see your progress, I do think some therapy may be in order. Body dysmorphic disorder is treatable.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-dysmorphic-disorder/DS00559

LOL. It is definitely a work in progress. I think my head and emotions will catch up but it is taking time. The truth is I think many women start very early beating themselves up and picking apart their bodies, that we have a hard time finding what is beautiful in ourselves. I hope to change this for my kiddos.

The race was so worth it today. Thanks for your concern and kind words.
  • zorenabell
    Options
    you look fantastic. i hope i have what it takes like you do. im at 246 now, started at 267 at beginning of year. my goal is 200. thanks for the inspiration
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you look amazing, and younger
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!