Successful women, please post a sample day

Options
124»

Replies

• momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also am mostly grain free. My body just can't handle it for some reason and a I bloat/gain if I have it too often. I DO have oatmeal 1 or 2 mornings a week (only 1/3 cup of uncooked) and about 1 or 2x/month corn taco shells. Sometimes I'll do a bit of rice but limit it to 1x/week. I have up to this point lost 40 lbs but due to poor eating, lack of exercise over the summer months and up until recently have been "stuck" at this weight for a while. When I am on my game here is a typical day:

Up at 6, get kids going and out the door for school
    Coffee (1 or 2x/week)
    Breakfast: Almond milk smoothie (1c unsweetened almond milk, 1c frozen mixed berries, 1T peanut butter, 1/4c greek yogurt, and if I have it 1c baby spinach) OR 2 egg veggie omelet, OR oatmeal and fresh fruit

45 min to 1 hour work out...either run on the TM or 30DS

Lunch: Salad with lots of veggies and a protien, either left over chicken or fish from dinner the nigh before or black beans OR if I didn't have an omelet for breakfast, sometimes I'll do that for lunch

Snack: varies-fruit, veg and hummus, chocolate...caramel corn rice cake with PB and J, almonds, homemade trail mix,

Dinner: Lean protien, double veggie, sometimes a potato of some sort (trying to cut these back out, they react in my body the same way that grains do)

Lots of water through out the day, herbal teas,

If I did 30DS in the a.m. I'll try to go for an easy walk after dinner (Helps keep the stifness at bay)

Anyhow, that's on the days that I am spot on and on the off days add in some ice cream or other junk food and cut out the exercise. I have lots of excuses but that's all they are so I won't share them here...lol! I hope that this helps some, I know it just re-inspired me to get back in gear full force so I am ready for summer and keeping up with 4 kids!
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great food ideas everyone!! Last night I had chicken fajita over sweet potato and a kind bar with 1% milk for dessert. I had some cheese fish, veggies during the day was still a tad hungry at night....
    Still confused about the tdee thing. Is it better to follow 20% less of my sedentary number and then eat back any excersize calories or follow 20% less of lightly active and eat back excersize cals?
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Today's pretty typical, I think:

Breakfast: Black coffee, oatmeal with walnuts and dried apricots and cranberries [311 calories]

Snack: A big slice of homemade banana bread [327 calories]

Lunch: Jeweled rice (http://mynewroots.org/site/2012/03/meatless-mondays-with-martha-stewart-jeweled-rice-2/) over baby spinach [308 calories]

Snack: An orange, and a raw date carob brownie [300 calories]

Dinner: Provencal greens soup (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/health/nutrition/17recipehealth.html?_r=0) with a slice of flax and bran bread (188 calories)

Exercise: Walking to and from various places like work (about 1 hour total). Either a 45-minute spin or 6-minute barre class in the evening (I may do both, in which case I'll eat something extra at dinner).
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    If treadmill calories are inflated, but I can't afford a HRM right now what do I do?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If treadmill calories are inflated, but I can't afford a HRM right now what do I do?

Trial and error. If you're getting the results you're expecting, the calorie burn is pretty accurate. If you're not, they're not.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Friend request me. My diary is open. :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    You can look at my food diary if you want. I'm starting my third week of really trying to up my protein intake. I still eat a few treats, you will see a cupcake on their today. :bigsmile: Someone brought it for me, I knew they were going to so I planned around it. I eat back most of my exercise calories, most of the time. I use MFP calculations, which are lower than my treadmill read out.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty much typical for me and it was about 1800 calories. I ate around 1600-1800 during most of my weight loss. I've been around 2000 calories for the past few months but now I'm going on a bit of a deficit again

Breakfast was english muffin with cheese and eggs
    Healthy Life - 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins, 1 muffin 2.0oz (57g)
    Kraft - Sharp Cheddar Cheese Block, 0.7 oz
    Kroger - Grade A - Large Eggs, 2.5 egg

Snack
    Bananas - Raw, 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long)

Lunch was chicken with peppers and onions etc and milk
    Generic - White Onion Raw 85 g, 77 g
    Generic Large - Green Bell Pepper 100 g (Usda Data), 64 g/1 cup chopped
    Annie's Naturals - Cowgirl Ranch Dressing - Organic, 1.5 tablespoons
    Daisy - Light Sour Cream, 0.5 Tbsp (30g)
    Kroger - Frozen Golden Sweet Corn, 0.3335 cup
    Harvestland - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 5 oz. (112 g)
    Great Value - Organic Fat Free Milk, 1.5 cup

Snack
    Clif Builder's - Protein Bar - Chocolate Mint, 0.5 bar 68g
    Coca-Cola Company - Diet Coke - 12 Fl oz Can, 12 fl oz (355ml)

Dinner was leftover stew and green beans
    Homemade Beef Stew, 400 grams
    Kroger Fresh Selections - Green Beans, 2 cup

Snack was PB banana toast and an apple
    Generic (Fatsecret.Com) - Small Red Delicious Apple, 1 apple (2-21/2" Diameter)
    Generic - Banana Raw 28 g, 56 g
    Food for Life - Ezekiel 4:9 Organic Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread, 2 slice
    Bell Plantation - Pb2: Powdered Peanut Butter, 12 g

ETA my diary is public too if you want to check back through the ages lol
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Here's what my day looked like yesterday...

woke up and had 1 cup of coffee with 1 tbsp coffeemate creamer and 1 packet of raw sugar
    about 30 mins later I had a bowl of Bear Naked energy cereal with skim milk
    for lunch I had a salad...spring mix with chicken of the sea tuna, one hard boiled egg and organic rach dressing
    about an hour later I had one laughing cow cheese
    an hour before I worked out I had 10 almonds and a tsp of natural peanut butter
    I worked out at 5 pm...I do crossfit so it's a warm up, strength training (we did bench press), then a 15 minute work out
    for dinner I had 1 baked chicken thigh, a bowl of red beans and rice, and some peas
    plus plenty of water throughout the day (I usually drink about 40 oz a day)

feel free to add me!
  • doritosgirl
    doritosgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What works for me is a variety of food, and the occasional cheat meal like fish and chips or a really good burger and fries ( and no I do not mean Mcdonalds)

There are only a few foods I really hate.. Eggs is on that list, I can not stand them, same goes for cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mangos and sushi.

My breakfast is a rotation of Homemade oatmeal with berries, cereal with berries, or a homemade smoothie and homemade vegan muffin ( my toddler has a dairy and nut allergy, its just easier to make muffins at home)

Lunches are a rotation of Salad with tuna or chicken. chicken and veggie grilled wrap with salsa and raw veggies, or homemade soup, occasionally a packaged low sodium soup.

My dinners are all over the place but always include a meat protien rice or potato and lots of veggies

Snacks are fruit, veggies with home mad hummus, yogurt, granola bars, the occasional mini bag of doritos or ginger snaps.

I drink a ton of water and have one large tea with milk and sugar. It is very rare I drink anything other than water during the day. I have a big glass of OJ for Sunday breakfast and never drink pop or alcohol.

I do not always eat my exercise calories and sometimes overeat my daily calories but it all balances out and I average a weight loss of a pound a week and I am happy with that.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Can anyone give me an idea of how my last week looked? I was away in the south for about 4 days so those days aren't perfect but let me know if I am on the right track
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!