How many are calories burned taking a shower+washing hair

Options
13»

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Just think of all the weight you will lose when you aren't covered in dirt.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn during Showering, toweling off (standing)?
    Calories Burned: 160 calories per hour

Enter your information to get an estimate of how many calories you burn.

Weight: 107 (pounds)
    Height: 64 (inches)
    Sex: Female

hehe
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I have thick, curly hair that I was told to comb with my fingers in the shower. It takes a while.

Perhaps a brazilian is on order?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    omg :laugh:

OP I have curly thick hair too (see pic) and it doesn't take me that long :noway: I think I'd kill myself if I had to stay in that long
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is a great question.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on whether i'm alone or not.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think most HR monitors aren't to be used for accuracy below a certain heart rate so check your manual.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's such a ridiculous question... I've got meter long hair (almost 44 inches I believe), and it's quite some work to wash it, get knots and other crap out and finally dry it. But, meh, I guess you can still count that as daily activity :P

I have long hair. I have curly hair at that. If it took me THAT long daily, I would hack it all off.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    When do you actually have time to workout with all that shampooing going on?
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    All I know is I get a major calorie burn whenever I flat iron my luscious locks.

I get burns from flat-ironing, too, but they aren't the caloric kind. :sad:
  • Alexfit12
    Alexfit12 Posts: 54
    Options
    Just wondering: Is this a serious question? If yes I will just say OMG. I think you burn more calories while pushing on the toilet.

Lol. I tend to agree. Maybe eating some foods like rice or parmezan to make transit a bit harder might also help burn more calories. But seriously, hygiene is not supposed to be a work out.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Lol, I had a gym member come up to me once and said she did her squats in the shower because at least this way the sweat was washed off!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Wow, how'd she get the power rack, Oly bar and plates in there?
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just wondering: Is this a serious question? If yes I will just say OMG. I think you burn more calories while pushing on the toilet.

@Vero_ Now that's Funny!! LOL
  • TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    10. "They" said so.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I ask because I usually spend 45-1hr+ in the shower and it taking longer times than other people around me. Just curious that's all. =P

OMG. I just hope you do a little of apology to Mother Earth--and the people of the third world-- for the crazy amount of water and energy it takes to keep you clean.
  • Vero_Nika83
    Options

@Vero_ Now that's Funny!! LOL

Thank you. I tried and I pushed, 10 min pushing= 200 calories:wink:
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I Burn a ton of Calories in the shower and bathroom...
    My circuit training consists of...Skating on a bar of soap,Racing Rubber Ducks to the bath and i swim a few lengths and then finished by jump rope over the shower hose..Oh wait... This was a serious question! My bad :0)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It burns the same amount as going to mass.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Lol, I had a gym member come up to me once and said she did her squats in the shower because at least this way the sweat was washed off!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Haha thats brilliant! Not sure my barbell would fit though
  • rose944
    rose944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Saying you burn calories while taking a shower is like saying a cheeseburger wasn't the cause of your jeans ripping. Sorry.
  • tayloremerick507
    Options
    Don't know why everyone was so negative about this. You burn calories even when you're doing the simplest of activities like vacuuming or playing the piano. Obviously, you burn a larger number of calories the more intense the exercise, but that's not to say that taking a shower does not also burn calories, albeit less.

This link has some wonderful information with great explanations.

http://www.weightlossblogger.org/2010/02/taking-shower-burns-calories.html?m=1