I would love to hear success stories from clean eaters

Options
2»

Replies

• MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The Maker's diet by Jordan S. Rubin

the rule he has is if God didn't create it then we don't eat it.

we are going to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts , organic foods.

What will you use in a pan so things don't stick?

Non stick pan?

Classic! :laugh:

Don't you have Teflon pans in the US?
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Sorry couldn't resist!
  • caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Our new year's resolution for 2012 was to reduce the packaged goods we used and we've had a lot of success with it. We still buy a few things - graham crackers, annie's mac n cheese and frosted mini wheats - mostly for convenience snacks for the kids when we're out and about. But the vast majority of our diet is cooked from scratch, from whole foods. We haven't cut out any food groups, but if we can't make it ourselves, it's very rarely eaten. I've gotten to be a pretty good baker!

Instead of eliminating anything, we found it much easier to add in about a metric ton of vegetables every week. We get a box of organic produce delivered every week and we plan all our meals around using up what's inside. There isn't a lot of room left over in the tummy for junk if you're determined to use up all the good stuff first. The best part is that we feel fantastic. The food choices spiral into lots of other good choices, like getting all the rest we need and making room for more activity in our day.

Best of luck to you! Even if you don't stick with the Maker's Diet for the long haul, you can make great changes to your health by putting the best foods into your mouth first.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I *always* wipe the dirt off my veggies.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    When I first started, at about 10days to 2wks after, my mouth went thru a metallic stage where, when ever I ate something processed or fried I got a HORRRIBLE after taste

It was a wierd cleansing of my pallet
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    I think you shouldn't worry about this stuff and focus on losing weight first. To much to do at once.

I respect your point, but actually I think for females, eating clean makes a major difference in weight loss. My husband can eat fast food and lose weight as long as hes under calories so he'd probably agree with your point. But as females I think our bodies react to processed foods so differently
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    When I first started, at about 10days to 2wks after, my mouth went thru a metallic stage where, when ever I ate something processed or fried I got a HORRRIBLE after taste

It was a wierd cleansing of my pallet

I had that too!! I experienced it after only 3-4 days of eating clean. I do my own version of calorie cycling where 1-2 days per week I eat over my normal 1500 cals a day. It's like strategic cheating. On those days I stil try to eat clean. I ended up taking a bite of someone's kraft mac n cheese and I couldnt swallow it. i used to love this stuff.
  • linalovekitty
    Options

Instead of eliminating anything, we found it much easier to add in about a metric ton of vegetables every week.

I too have added more organic fruits and veggies and I agree, makes a world of difference. Helps curb cravings, fills me up, and keeps me energized. I drink veggie smoothies with added fruit and a water base for meals sometimes
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The Maker's diet by Jordan S. Rubin

the rule he has is if God didn't create it then we don't eat it.

we are going to eat fruits, vegetables, nuts , organic foods.

What will you use in a pan so things don't stick?

Non stick pan?

Well, that depends on how seriously you are going "clean". I've been unwilling to use a non-stick pan for many of the same reasons that I aim for cleaner foods. For me, though, this isn't part of any dietary change... I've been eating what many people would consider "clean" for 20 years.

I use cast iron cookware for most things, and stainless steel or glass for the rest.

I use butter or olive oil to prevent sticking.

With things like egg whites, that tend to really stick to cast iron, I've found that if I use the same pan for eggs all the time, and don't use it for anything else, and keep it seasoned, I don't have a problem.

I season it with bacon grease about twice a year. That is the only time I make pork bacon and my kids look forward to it! :)

The only oils/fats I would consider clean for cooking are olive oil, peanut oil and butter, but I can't remember the last time I used peanut oil. I'm not educated about coconut oil, so I don't know about that.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Eating clean causes me zero water retention and keeps me regular. Those two things combined make a world of difference- no bloating, swelling, general feeling of being slimmer.

I used to get so bloated eating junk even in small amounts. Now instead of having 100calories of Doritos as a treat, I have 100 calories worth of organic unprocessed fresh crackers, for example. Doritos would cause me to swell, but the crackers just taste good and done hurt me.
    I also find that I require far less food to feel satiated than I used to. In the past when eating processed food I could easily eat 2500 calories.day and have room for more. Now I am plenty satisfied at 1500-1700, and I just started.

I also feel that I can eat a wider variety of food when its clean. tonight for dinner I ate all organic

1 cup organic pasta with veggies in it
    a 3 oz breaded veal cutlet
    1/4 cup caprese salad
    2 prawns sauteed lightly in olive oil w herbs
    1 dark chocolate Godiva

I eat two meals a day that look like this ^^^^^ and feel great, not weighed down at all. I wont need to eat again today bc it will keep me full until tomorrow a, and I ate this at 5pm. In between meals all I eat are raw organic veggies/fruit which really boil down to 1-2 apples/day and some celery

Now if I ate the same type of food in but in a processed fashion like ` 1 cup of kraft mac and cheese, a hotdog, a salad w artifical dressing, 2 frozen dinner shrimp, and one oreo- Id get bloated, still be hungry and need to eat more. even if the calories were about equal to the clean food. The oreo would make me crave more oreos, whereas with the Godiva is natural and satisfies my sweet tooth plenty.

with the clean food, I dont feel like I have to cut out food groups **my own experience**. I eat organic fresh pasta and I feel wonderful. One cup is plenty, generous at that, and i dont crave more or have an adverse reactions. The breaded veal- normally "breaded" would be a bad word, but its lightly breaded and with real unprocessed breading, so a small 3oz piece is plenty and delicious.

Didn't you start a post last week saying that, literally, all you eat is junk food?
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    Eating clean causes me zero water retention and keeps me regular. Those two things combined make a world of difference- no bloating, swelling, general feeling of being slimmer.

I used to get so bloated eating junk even in small amounts. Now instead of having 100calories of Doritos as a treat, I have 100 calories worth of organic unprocessed fresh crackers, for example. Doritos would cause me to swell, but the crackers just taste good and done hurt me.
    I also find that I require far less food to feel satiated than I used to. In the past when eating processed food I could easily eat 2500 calories.day and have room for more. Now I am plenty satisfied at 1500-1700, and I just started.

I also feel that I can eat a wider variety of food when its clean. tonight for dinner I ate all organic

1 cup organic pasta with veggies in it
    a 3 oz breaded veal cutlet
    1/4 cup caprese salad
    2 prawns sauteed lightly in olive oil w herbs
    1 dark chocolate Godiva

I eat two meals a day that look like this ^^^^^ and feel great, not weighed down at all. I wont need to eat again today bc it will keep me full until tomorrow a, and I ate this at 5pm. In between meals all I eat are raw organic veggies/fruit which really boil down to 1-2 apples/day and some celery

Now if I ate the same type of food in but in a processed fashion like ` 1 cup of kraft mac and cheese, a hotdog, a salad w artifical dressing, 2 frozen dinner shrimp, and one oreo- Id get bloated, still be hungry and need to eat more. even if the calories were about equal to the clean food. The oreo would make me crave more oreos, whereas with the Godiva is natural and satisfies my sweet tooth plenty.

with the clean food, I dont feel like I have to cut out food groups **my own experience**. I eat organic fresh pasta and I feel wonderful. One cup is plenty, generous at that, and i dont crave more or have an adverse reactions. The breaded veal- normally "breaded" would be a bad word, but its lightly breaded and with real unprocessed breading, so a small 3oz piece is plenty and delicious.

Didn't you start a post last week saying that, literally, all you eat is junk food?

Yes-When I started my diet, at first just cutting calories was resulting in weight loss, but after the first week the weight loss stopped and I had zero energy & felt bloated. My biggest challange in all of this has been finding the right fit for me. So I went back to eating clean (yes, Ive attempted this before) and in the last week my weight loss has began again and I feel better. Thanks

Im still trying to keep my cals at about 1500**
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    linalovekitty, that's good to hear. Good choice. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!