How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day... The reason for this is that I have to make sure that I do not gain more than 2 pounds in any 24 hour period because I have congestive heart failure...
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up.
  • DrMan1
    DrMan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to daily but now I am switching to monthly and see how it goes...may not last but I am gonna try it
  • Davis911
    Davis911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Monday - to see how I did over the weekend

Wednesday - my official weigh in for myself

Friday - to start the weekend for Monday's weigh in.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Every morning. At least. Nasty habit lol.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Never. My scales died, I haven't bought more.

I have some scales at work for weighing packages, I used those to determine my 'start' weight. I might check in say once every two months.
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing at least weekly, as well as taking all my measurements weekly.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Everyday in the morning after I pee and before I get dressed...even on weekends. I also write it down every day and don't consider a weightloss "true" unless it is maintained for 5 days...However i only take measurements the first Saturday of the month.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning. I think daily would drive me crazy.
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Weekly for me. I like to weigh in on Thursday morning in my birthday suit, lol! With a Thursday morning weigh in I have Friday and Saturday to maybe treat myself to something I didn't eat during the week...like going to my favorite Mexican restaurant. In my mind I have four to five days to juggle my calories if I went over some during my treat.
  • minaudier
    minaudier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but record it once a week. Do measurements every 3 weeks.
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I know you aren't supposed to but I can't help it!
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Friday
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    Bah, scales... Considering I just shocked my body with a huge diet and exercise change-up, and considering my scale is probably not the best because it'll slide 1-2 pounds within a minute of being used... I still weigh myself every day just to see but I don't take it too seriously.
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I try to hold out and weigh myself every week rather than daily...cause the number on the scale sets my mood for the day...But I do not weigh myself 5 days before "my Friend" or during it...
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Back when I had a working scale in the bathroom, I'd weigh in every morning before showering. These days I just weigh in once or twice a week pre-breakfast.
  • yellohello
    Options
    I would not weigh everyday. I have been doing that for the last week and I have been calorie counting and exercising and it goes up and down everyday. It is really disappointing to see my weight going up after one day so I have made an agreement with myself to weigh myself once every week.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Weigh every morning when I get up but only log it once a week. This keeps me on track with my eating & workouts ( or at least I hope so)
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Helps keep me on track
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Studies show that dieters who weigh themselves regularly see better results. When checking weight every day, you are facing the scale. It keeps you accountable. If you make it a habit to write down your weight every day, you can easily track your progress from day to day and week to week.

Following your weight fluctuations can be quite entertaining. A cup of water weighs half a pound. Undigested food weighs too. Fluid retention, from say too much sodium, is a big factor in scale fluctuations and can vary based on what you consume at different times. Your bowel movements subsequently may not run like a German train schedule.

Using a reliable scale, note any such fluctuations of the major sort, often not long after you wake up. There's much predictable stuff within your control, including everyday perspiration and respiration, that you can figure out. And when you can't, your doctor likely can. So enjoy!