Well, I did it...I ate all the hamburgers!!!

Don't post much, but I figured some on here can relate. Decided to grill hamburgers this afternoon. They were lean (97%), cooked eight burgers and 4 hotdogs for the family. Of course the wife only ate one. My son ate one and my daughter had 2 hot dogs. Soon after eating the rest of the family went to her sister's house, leaving me alone with the leftovers.
Needless to say, three hours later and I have eaten 5 burgers and 2 hotdogs and a serving of cole slaw.There is one burger left and I have a strong feeling it won't be there much longer. Gonna hafta fast tomorrow to get this goo off me.

I don't know why I sabotage myself every weekend.

Replies

• lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Sounds like boredom eating!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    I sabotage myself every weekend..always intend not to, but hey, *&#% happens...every weekend.

Be good to yourself during the week and you should come out on top.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    PROTEIN!!!!
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Oh I got the protein, closing in on 300 grams!!!
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    I agree, sounds like boredom eating. Also next time consider cooking less. For a family of four, 8 hamburgers and 4 hotdogs is a huge amount of food, 2 hamburgers and a hotdog per person is just not a healthy portion.
  • Don't post much, but I figured some on here can relate. Decided to grill hamburgers this afternoon. They were lean (97%), cooked eight burgers and 4 hotdogs for the family. Of course the wife only ate one. My son ate one and my daughter had 2 hot dogs. Soon after eating the rest of the family went to her sister's house, leaving me alone with the leftovers.
    Needless to say, three hours later and I have eaten 5 burgers and 2 hotdogs and a serving of cole slaw.There is one burger left and I have a strong feeling it won't be there much longer. Gonna hafta fast tomorrow to get this goo off me.

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I checked your diary. You're only a thousand cals in the red. No big deal.

If you burn 2000 calories over the next week through exercise, eat back half of those, and it's like it didn't even happen.

If you do NOT exercise at all and eat at your allotted calories all week, you will see maybe .3 lbs gain. Again, no big deal. Pick youself up and move on.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    That makes it seem a lot better. I am going into week 6 of p90x. I just don't usually log my exercise.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    if you really don't want to eat the last one throw it away.
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    I agree with what everyone else said. Cook less, then they wont be there to eat.

Just the other day I bought these yummy granola bars that I love. Well everytime I passed the pantry they kept yelling my name. Finally, I grabbed the box and seriously yelled AHHHH NO MORE and opened every package and crumbled them into the garbage.

I was so proud of myself. =]
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    That makes it seem a lot better. I am going into week 6 of p90x. I just don't usually log my exercise.

If you don't log your exercise and you are using TDEE-X%, you are probably just fine. P90x burns a ton of calories. Don't even worry about it.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Uh, maybe next time you should go to her sister's house with them!!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    I agree with what everyone else said. Cook less, then they wont be there to eat.

Just the other day I bought these yummy granola bars that I love. Well everytime I passed the pantry they kept yelling my name. Finally, I grabbed the box and seriously yelled AHHHH NO MORE and opened every package and crumbled them into the garbage.

I was so proud of myself. =]

Good for you. Sometimes the only solution to the "call" is to KILL THE FOOD!:devil:
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Gladly pay yourself on Tuesday in pain and sweat for your hamburgers today?
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Tomorrow is Monday!!! Sunday does not count!!!:happy:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sounds delicious to me.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I agree with cooking less. That was a lot of food per person.

If you didn't eat the buns with the burgers, you'll probably be o.k.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Sounds delicious to me.

me too!!

log your exercise! It would interesting to know how you did with it accounted for.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    The weekends are the worst for me. But I agree with everyone here.
    1. Don't cook so much food.
    2. Sounds like boredom eating
    3. You will work it off

But next weekend you need to be careful not to do the same thing. Just get over it and move on. What is done is done. Learn from it and try not to repeat it.
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 44 Member
    Don't post much, but I figured some on here can relate. Decided to grill hamburgers this afternoon. They were lean (97%), cooked eight burgers and 4 hotdogs for the family. Of course the wife only ate one. My son ate one and my daughter had 2 hot dogs. Soon after eating the rest of the family went to her sister's house, leaving me alone with the leftovers.

I feel your pain. It has happened to me before but it was cupcakes. I figured that I could eat one and work it off then after burning it off I gave into my weakness and ate all 6. Work it off this week and it will be all good.