• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Here is a cartoon reinactment.tumblr_mhq4m2rSDW1rdd7vvo1_500.gif
  • cbayati
    cbayati Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You sound like ME! So much like me! lol

This made me think of the commercial where the guy falls off the treadmill and there's videos up of it...
    I'll find it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynv6RvP2DY

Hahaha maybe if you fell off a treadmill he would notice and you'd get his attention?
    Rofl, I'm sorry, I'm a nut and I've considered doing crazy things to make my crushes notice me :P
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Say Hi and tell him your name. Then get back to your own work out. If he tells you his name, or says hi next time, maybe he is interested. Don't wait for him outside the gym or start showing up every time he is there. You don't want to ruin his gym time because he thinks you are stalking him.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    How did you exude yourself when conversing with him? There's a difference in flirting with someone - to give a genuine signal of interest - and just starting small talk.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Cringe....
    I wouldn't be giving out my number before having a few decent conversations with the guy. Looks aren't everything. Personally I think if a guy were interested in me and wanted to get my attention, he would take his earphones out, and ask to work in with me, or something. The earphones say "I'm busy".
    And really, what if it doesn't work out, or backfires? Do you then have to find a new workout time when he's not there... Or a new gym. Ugh.
    Find a different pick up venue.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

This made me think of the commercial where the guy falls off the treadmill and there's videos up of it...
    I'll find it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynv6RvP2DY

:laugh:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    ^^^^.................my gym crush, whewwwwww.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    he's clearly gay
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    awww, i want to know what happens next...

btw, what does that BUMP mean? :/

BRING UP MY POST
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    *head shake* :huh:

Is this really that hard?

Just go talk to him, ask him his name, a real 'talk', not just a few shy words. Get him to talk about himself a little, casually, and slip in a little "Does your wife/girlfriend work out here too"?

If he says 'No' and reveals that he is single and interested in women, the way is clear and you can ask him out for coffee or something. Worst he can do is say 'No.' And if he says he's not single, then voila! Case closed.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    blah dbl post. :tongue:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Dear women everywhere. Take note:

For the most part, nice men are completely thick when it comes to knowing they are being hit on. Only players recognise signals and know how to act on them. Spell it out: I recommend something on the lines of:

"I think you look cute and I want to know if you're nice too. Will you go to a cafe for a drink with me so I can find out?"
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

For the most part, nice men are completely thick when it comes to knowing they are being hit on. Only players recognise signals and know how to act on them. Spell it out: I recommend something on the lines of:

"I think you look cute and I want to know if you're nice too. Will you go to a cafe for a drink with me so I can find out?"

You sir, are a genius.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Usually, if it's a match, you hit it off immediately. Both my husband and I are on the shy side, but the second we met it was instant chemistry and a feeling of comfort and security with each other. I think if there was awkwardness or ambivalence, it probably isn't a match. But who knows? Although it hardly ever happens, I could be wrong this time. :wink:

When my husband and I met (face to face) it was awkward for me because of the rush of feelings I had for him. I thought I was going to swallow my tongue just saying hello lol

Op...
    As far as him not speaking much.....some guys just like to stay in their "zone" when working out. (My husband won't talk to anyone when he's working out).
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS exactly

Couple that with earbuds and staying in the zone and you have thick headedness fit for a bomb shelter walls lol
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just wait till he gets on the bench press and then straddle him... Problem solved

mwhahahaa! love it!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me - "I see you here all the time. My name is Esmeralda. We should workout together sometime and then maybe catch a smoothie after."

or try:

"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe."
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump... this is just too cute! Got to know how it turns out! Nobody except the trainers approach me at the gym...think I appear to be too armed & dangerous!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Just wait till he gets on the bench press and then straddle him... Problem solved

Best reply ever. The mental image that gave me was proper LOL stuff. Internet LOLZ....quality :laugh: :laugh:

same here, I'm still laughing about it and I had to answer the phone inbetween lol poor person probably had no idea where they were calling :laugh:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    He could be just be self conscious like me and likes to keep to themselves at the gym. If I go to the gym with a friend I won't put head phones in so we can talk especially if they need a spot, otherwise I'm in my zone. I don't go to the gym to make gainz in the pants.