Weightloss by Walking ?

Options
124»

Replies

• wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    My first 6 months was just walking. Like you I was too heavy for anything else and way out of shape. I started slow and finally was up to 8-10 miles a day. Joined the Y 3 months and shed 83 pounds over ten months. Most of it from walking but now I do much more. Ran my first 5k Saturday. Trust me you can do it :) believe in yourself. Even if no one else will.

Good job on the 5K! Walking definitely helps!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For sure! The Running ROom in Canada has a "Learn to Walk" programme. They teach youproper stretching, walking strategies,e tc.. You find walking buddies, too.
    I'm quite heavy and I do the elliptical trainer as it is low impact. That might help, too.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My first 6 months was just walking. Like you I was too heavy for anything else and way out of shape. I started slow and finally was up to 8-10 miles a day. Joined the Y 3 months and shed 83 pounds over ten months. Most of it from walking but now I do much more. Ran my first 5k Saturday. Trust me you can do it :) believe in yourself. Even if no one else will.
    That is amazing! 83 Pounds over 10 months! WOWOW! I just started walking after being very active over 2 years ago. My calfs hate the hills, not to mention the glutes & thighs. Walking does slim you down for sure.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    By eating healthy, and walking (30-60min a night, every night) will this work with weightloss?

So I was just wondering, if I spend the next 4 months focusing on eating healthy, and clean, and incorperating dailey walking (I also do a manual labour job) will this help me lose some weight?

cm-24568-0506d32cfab0e5.gif

Everything of my weightloss /except/ the last ten pounds has been from walking. (the last ten pounds was me adding a couple minutes of running during my walk.