People minimizing our success

Options

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    At first, those 'kind' of people annoyed me. Then I learned to eat prime rib, potatoes, bread and dessert in front of them, all while still losing weight. The look on their faces is priceless.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • imalayton
    imalayton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing to say to a person. What kind of magic secret is she looking for, Lap band? I feel that hate is born in ignorance but don’t let her bring you down to her level. You are so much better for your life style. People who exercise as little as 15 minutes a day have a 14 percent lower mortality risk than people who don't exercise at all. Next time somebody tries to knock you down a peg remember they are the ones that are gambling.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people don't think before they speak. Keep up the good work too. I work from home too and I know how difficult it can be.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Most people want a quick fix. They don't want to WORK for it.
  • 19andneverthesame
    Options
    Women hate it when other women around them lose weight, they just get jealous and angry, can't say I haven't. Sounds like one of those people that expects some bull**** miricle weight loss that doesn't go to the gym
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    congratulations on doing it the honest hard working legitmate guaranteeed way.

we salute you.

let them waste time being unhealthy waiting for the unicorn poop pill.
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I told a person i was doing Insanity (just completed the first week, starting week 2) and she told me I was crazy. Said I was nuts to even try that insane work out and she has only heard negative things about it. I said really. What have you heard? Crickets.... I said but it works. even at this early stage I feel a bit stronger. She said yea till you hurt yourself, just be careful. At our age (late 40's) we can't do what we used to...:laugh:

Success is the best revenge
  • Garth23
    Garth23 Posts: 8
    Options
    Growing up I was the "skinny kid" on the block who could eat any and everything! As a military firefighter for over 15 yrs, I cannot be out of shape or people could get hurt or killed! My bad eating habits carried on through my 20's until around 28 yrs old where I noticed significant weight gain. Then my daughter was born when I was 31...Now I had gained 15lbs during the pregnancy! I told my wife it was simpathy weight. 1 year ago, we had twin boys...I gained 10 lbs during that pregnancy! I got up to 199 at my life-time heaviest weight last year. I am holding at 190 right now...I want to get back to a healthier 175-180lbs. I now have to watch what I eat.....my 36 yr old metabolism is not as gracious as my old 25yr old metabolism was!!!
    I work out 4-5 times a week also; just like many of you on MFP! That is the "Great Secret!" Portion control of not so good food items, and eat more health food like fruit and veggies.....while getting in some phyiscal activity! Walking to the frig, bathroom, and bed do NOT count for exercise! I have to work at weight loss now.
    A person has to WANT to weigh and look a certain way...and then put forth the effort to do so. If I "WISH" in one hand and put a WEIGHT in the other, which one do these people think will earn the desired result?!?! So, ignore the haters and keep doing what every one of you all are doing!!! :wink:
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    Growing up I was the "skinny kid" on the block who could eat any and everything! As a military firefighter for over 15 yrs, I cannot be out of shape or people could get hurt or killed! My bad eating habits carried on through my 20's until around 28 yrs old where I noticed significant weight gain. Then my daughter was born when I was 31...Now I had gained 15lbs during the pregnancy! I told my wife it was simpathy weight. 1 year ago, we had twin boys...I gained 10 lbs during that pregnancy! I got up to 199 at my life-time heaviest weight last year. I am holding at 190 right now...I want to get back to a healthier 175-180lbs. I now have to watch what I eat.....my 36 yr old metabolism is not as gracious as my old 25yr old metabolism was!!!
    I work out 4-5 times a week also; just like many of you on MFP! That is the "Great Secret!" Portion control of not so good food items, and eat more health food like fruit and veggies.....while getting in some phyiscal activity! Walking to the frig, bathroom, and bed do NOT count for exercise! I have to work at weight loss now.
    A person has to WANT to weigh and look a certain way...and then put forth the effort to do so. If I "WISH" in one hand and put a WEIGHT in the other, which one do these people think will earn the desired result?!?! So, ignore the haters and keep doing what every one of you all are doing!!! :wink:

Good for you. And I agree. At almost 50 I welcome the challenge to prove my big girlfriends wrong. They continue to balloon out of control, all the while saying because of age they can't lose the weight. That is a fallicy that the likes of Dr. Oz and all his miracle weight loss potions feed into. It is very frustrating and aggrevating to be brushed aside when you are doing all the right things, but they aren't the things 'they' want to do. My boss has lost about 15 pounds and looks great doing Insanity and all she ever hears is she is working out too much and needs to stop. She is the reason I started the program. Using it as a motiviator. While others in my office look at her as a freak, who needs to be reigned in. And no i shouldn't let it bother me either , but when you have the answer to the problem and people complain about the way they look but don't want to do a single thing about it you want to smack em..lol lastly i have a friend who swears she doesn't have time to work out.. Watches an hour of TV a night... Explain that one
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. She was jealous.
    2.Working out and eating less IS the great weight loss secret.
    3. You are awesome. Don't believe ANYONE who tries to tell you different.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Even when you're following a healthy plan that works (the secret), and people NOTICE that it's working (for me it was primal/paleo/lower carb), they respond with, "Oh, I could never do that." I mention what I'm doing if I'm asked, explain it if people are interested, and leave it at that. Most people just don't want to do anything different or difficult.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, everyone can lose as much if they work out and watch their diet. Not everyone has the willpower to do it though! They were just looking for an easy way to lose weight without having to do any work. Don't worry about it. They're idiots.
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tell them you smoke meth three times per week. Wonder what their comments will be then?

Crap who cares? Good job on keeping with it!

Oh yeah and remember, they are going to need a skinny friend...LOL.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you for your hard work and commitment to a healthier you.....it IS hard when you work, have little kids plus a probably endless list of to do's and responsibilities BUT you are still making the effort to work out and eat healthy, THERE IS NO SHORT CUT! Keep doing what you are doing and stay positive - there will always be those who want "things" without putting in the effort.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Another asked how I did it. I said that I had been working out 5-6 times a week and had cut out my snacking and was logging what I ate. Her reply "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret".
    "Yep! And that's the great secret: anyone can do it if they actually do it!"

Congratulations to you, coz YOU'RE DOING IT! :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LMAO at the 'I have a tape worm' comment.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't let others hurt you or your progress.

A lot of people want the easy way out. They want to know a quick fix that means they don't have to put in any real work. They don't like it when someone responds that they have been eating right and working out because it means they have the detemination and motivation to do it the right way.

Keep doing what you are doing and just feel proud that you are putting in the work and getting results when you have so much going on. Don't let people discourage you. Just think to yourself that you can pride yourself in the fact that you are putting in the work needed.
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its because they're idiots. Don't mind them. Flip them a bird and keep up the good work.

Well said. You could apply this to anyone who brings you down. :laugh:
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You should have said that you are working on a new diet pill and getting great results but you can't share since you are seeking a patent. I love messing with people!!
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I work from home and only go into the office 1/week. Just this morning someone commented that I looked like I had lost weight (yeah!!!). Another asked how I did it. I said that I had been working out 5-6 times a week and had cut out my snacking and was logging what I ate. Her reply "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret".

She sounds like an idiot of course calorie deficit and working out will make you lose weight. It is the only way you can lose weight. What was she expecting? I started taking this mystical power I got from my guru and now I can eat whatever I want, sit in front of my t.v. all day and lose weight.