What is "support" to you?

Options
First of all, I'm not happy that I'm writing a serious thread when I could be elsewhere having some major LULZ but you people have pushed me to this.

I'm getting frustrated with people claiming that others are not supportive or not motivating. That we are wasting our time and others, that "trolling" is ruining the forums or that giving advice/making a point in a joking manner is less genuine then doing it in a serious way.

Your personal definition of what support is is not the only way. I am a genuine person, I am very sensitive and very shy - which most people don't realize. But, I also have a good sense of humour and I love to joke around. It's how I deal with stress, it's how I grieve, it's even how I fight. It's the way I interact with my family and friends in real life and online.

I don't often open myself up to people, I express myself through humour and I always have. I don't act a certain way because I'm behind a computer screen, I am 100% myself all the time...I couldn't possibly be more genuine if I tried. I am very serious about weight loss, it is a very emotional and personal thing to me, It pisses me off when people call me or other jokesters out for being insincere since it is simply not true.

If making someone laugh makes both me and that person feel better, that is a form of support. Not a waste of time. I look forward each day to joking with my friends on their profiles, it really does help me.

So, if writing "Way to Go Girlfriend!" on a status is how you support your friends, then great. If you use this site to discuss your deep feelings and emotions, then that's amazing. So, why can't I support my friends through stupid jokes without being judged?

Support is whatever you need it to be. Some people need to have their hand held, some people need a shoulder to cry on and some people just want to laugh through it all. Just like the spelling of the word cliche vs. clique - it's a personal preference.

Now, please stop sending me PM's. I don't like any of you.

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    You go, girlfriend!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    quoted instead of edited. :angry:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of you.

y u so rude? :angry:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of you.

y u so rude? :angry:

No, you're cool. I like you.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Just like the spelling of the word cliche vs. clique - it's a personal preference.

?

Those are two different words, are they not?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just like the spelling of the word cliche vs. clique - it's a personal preference.

?

yes.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am perfect and I WANT everyone to support me in my perfection.

For me support from others means accepting that I am perfect. End of.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    A well fitting bra.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Support is what I pay atleast $59.95 at Victorias Secret for.

I greatly enjoy my MFP friends and laughs(though I wouldn't ever type LULZ). I probably do try to be an encourging person, but that's not because I think they need it. It's because I feel like it.

If there was anybody in GREAT need of motivation or support I doubt I'd be the friend for them.
    Because I believe there is no greater motivation than within.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    :glasses:

You're cool.

And I like your kind of support. I like other kinds too. Even the "rude" kind. Lol.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Would bang
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

?

Yes...yes they are.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A well fitting bra.
    This.

Also, compression pants. They keep the jiggly bits from bouncin' all over the place when I run.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    under the table hand stuff
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't actually talk with you super often, but I hope I am part of your cliche. Your posts are one of my fav things here. You are like the MFP Grumpy Cat.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Support to me is when they hardly jiggle, but they don't get squashed down into a uni-boob. No me gusta.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    All I read was girlfriend, and that you have one is pretty hot!

I support this 100% :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    A well fitting bra.
    I came in to say exactly this.. And this kind of support is VERY hard to find!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    A well fitting bra.

OH MY YES!

That is the business.

Even in my twenties I wore those crazy, Grandma, super-maximum coverage Crossyourheart affairs.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My boxers.