- 30KG (66LBS) and counting (pics)

Options

Replies

• cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do not think that you can eat enough for someone to give you a job, so it's keep on keeping on because you will work again before you die. I use an elliptical trainer for my knees since I've broken the thing a few times. With that machine you can be in a cast and still move the leg. It's zero impact but great cardio. I used it when I went from crutches to trying to walk again a few years ago and it's a great invention. Or go back to long slow distance walking and don't do what I do, which is to try to get it all done by Saturday. Fifteen minutes of LSD walking beats a marathon that leaves you limping and sore and unable to exercie at all.

Oh, AND YOU LOOK fabulous. i would trade with you in a heartbeat. I have lost 13 and have energy and hope again but will have to keep behaving myself to keep getting my goals met.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!
    I think someone needs to start a potatoe picture thread... then as we all start dropping the weight we can add our pix to yours!
    FANTASTIC!
    :wink:
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and as the others have said look at this time as "me" time. Workout, eat healthy and concentrate on YOU! Also, you are going to look even better on job interviews now!!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the potato picture. You look great. For your knees I would say take it slow. Add miles gradually as your strength builds. If they get sore take an ant-inflammatory (naproxen, ibprofen, etc) and use ice to ease swelling or soreness. I have knee pain and deal with it this way. The pain has gotten MUCH better since I've lost some weight.
    Good luck!
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I love the potato picture idea hehe
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've come so far! Looking beautiful... sorry about work situation and know it's very tough and scarey to go thru that...but get back on the program with your health and well-being... This just might be a new turn in life that will present a new, promising opportunity! All those potatoes!!! Don't allow one of them to climb back onto your body! We're all rooting for you!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    You look wonderful (And...I love the potato picture!)!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of potatoes! I see the difference. :flowerforyou: I did several months of walking and strength training before I started running. Good luck!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look fantastic, congrats on your progress so far:drinker:
  • luvablesweetpea
    luvablesweetpea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • LawwaLove
    Options
    What a brilliant transformation!! I love the potato picture :) such a clever idea to represent the weight you've shed.
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    That's a fantastic transformation! congratulations.

I know what you mean when you say you don't see the difference. Sometimes it takes picture evidence to really see how you have changed. All the best for the final 18! :)
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What on earth are you going to do with all those potatoes?! I love the pic, and congratulations to you...you look incredible!
  • thetaooffish
    Options
    That is a lot of potatoes! You are inspiring :) and you look fantastic. I also lost my job a couple of weeks ago. It sucks... but it gave me a bit more time to do exercise every day. I hope something turns up for both of us, soon. With regards to sore knees: just start slowly. Walk first, then as the muscles strengthen turn it into an intermittent slow jog. Running makes the weight drop off so fast. Good luck.
  • ctyler150
    ctyler150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help just BC I really wouldn't have believed anyone if they would have told me this..but I did p90x for 3the weeks and my knees have always been bad. Like the jumping Jack I could hardly do at first but I kept modifying and pushing. I can finally go up stairs and not be in pain BC of my knees. Its still slightly irritating but nothing like it was. I think if we build up our muscle around our knees even if your cartilage sucks it really starts to help!
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You look so so great! Congratulations!!! I absolutely love the potato pic!!!
  • jimosaurus42
    Options
    HOLY SHIZ GURL! You've done super well! Congrats and keep going!!!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Simply love the potato pic. It speaks volumes!!!

Congrats on your wonderful achievement!!!!!!
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support♥

I will start running soon, i'll just see how it goes with my knees.
    I dicided i will never know unless i try.

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!