Bike Riding

Options
2»

Replies

• RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I love cycling

I am sorta a junkie about cycling so feel free to ask any questions. I've been riding for 15 years and know the equipment, brands, hype, and most importanly what really works. I don't check boards that often so feel free to send me a mail on MFP.

Get those wheels out and roll.

Raymond
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    After work I'm loading up the Camelback, grabbing the hoss and going on an adventure. I'll be doing some geocaching along the way so I won't be going for any speed records, but I'll definatly do some sprints along the way. Planned route is 16 miles round trip over dirt roads and trails.

If you want to know what geocaching is go to www.geocaching.com
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    :heart: cycling! started about a year ago. you aren't imagining things when you say your arms hurt after riding, you're holding yourself up the entire ride with your arms! if you work at it, a century at the end of the year/season should be no problem! welcome to the cycling world :happy:
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love cycling

I am sorta a junkie about cycling so feel free to ask any questions. I've been riding for 15 years and know the equipment, brands, hype, and most importanly what really works. I don't check boards that often so feel free to send me a mail on MFP.

Get those wheels out and roll.

Raymond
    Thaks! I'm sure I will.....I checked out your pix of your bike.....nice. I am just now able (since I have lost weight) able to were the biking jerseys....
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Cyclist here as well, if you can't tell from my user pic. I am definitely a FAT TIRE girl but recently I bought a Trek Soho (light urban bike) and I've been bike commuting at least once a week. I may end up with a "real" road bike eventually.

But nothing is more fun to me than being in the woods on my mountain bike!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I bought a new bike about 6 weeks ago through the Cylce to Work Scheme, a full suspension Carrera Zelos! My boyfriend is very into mountain biking (he has 2 very expensive, very well specced Boardmans), so I figured this would give me some incentive to get out! Between one thing and another I haven't had the opportunity to go for a decent cycle (2 family deaths and some bouts of sickness) but we're going out tonight!

I put the bike into the car, which was exercise in itself given the car i drive is pretty small, and brought it round to his house last night in preparation and we're going to the park around the corner from his tonight. I'm so excited!! All my weight is on the bottom half of my body, so i'm really hoping to tone it up over the summer months, and then get to the gym in the winter (cycling in Northern Ireland in winter.... not on your life)

As I had an accident a number of years ago, I'm not at all confident cycling on the roads, so parks suit me down to the ground :)
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Lesley, I'm with you on winter cycling. My outdoor riding season runs from April through October. It's no fun at all cycling at 20 mph and the temp is in the 40s. We have a spin bike in our home and I also go to the gym. It gets pretty cold here in Pennsylvania from November thru March.
  • johnmcfarm
    johnmcfarm Posts: 75
    Options
    I love bike riding...I have a Trek Hybrid because I like to ride country roads but also like to take advantage of the extensive bike trails in our region. My son and I are hoping to go on a long (300 mile) trip in a few weeks. There is nothing better than traveling the countryside by bicycle. We tend to go to Wisconsin for our longer rides/trips. But, we have done them in Illinois and Missouri as well.

Cycling is something you can do well into your eighties if you keep in shape. It is not only healthy but fun. I feel young (I am 55) every time I get on my bicycle...