weightloss with only walking??

Options
13»

Replies

• deedeeFP
    deedeeFP Posts: 28
    Options
    Sure, as long as your burning more calories then your take in you'll lose weight.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    So, I got a treadmill and I love it so I'm just wondering how many of you have lost weight by walking on a treadmill and how long did it take you, I still need to lose about 55-60 more pounds, I'm also wanting to do strength training too I want my body to look good and toned as well as skinny :-) So, do any of you have success stories?? Pics are a plus it gives me so much motivation to see others pics after they have lost the weight

In 2011 I lost 39 pounds in 3 months using the treadmill, but I was doing HIIT (high intensity interval trainning) 3 days a week and three days just walking at 2.8-3 mph for 60 minutes and one day off. I also did some light weight lifting 4 days a week and included whey protein shakes in my diet.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    There are many benefits to walking, on top of the calorie burn. You rarely get injured (well I still manage to trip and almost kill myself, but most people wouldn't). You don't have to be in great shape to get started. It's pleasant and enjoyable. More and more. And all of that together means that for most people, it's not going to make you feel burned-out. So you're less likely to just give up or quit. It's something that you can continue doing throughout your life, even in old age. That all makes it good for you, good for your heart.
    If you enjoy it, do it. And be happy that you've found something that you're likely to stick with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!