High Heels & Fishnets!!!!!

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Allie: Thanks for the compliment :blushing:

I agree that losing 100 lbs. weekly as a group is doable with our large number of participants and our dedication! Fun!

I should be back on track today, but we won't talk about that McDonalds Frappe that has *gasp* 560 calories!
  • icount4u
    icount4u Posts: 10
    Options
    I just spent an unexpected 4 days out of town (= hotel + restaurants) and had a very eye-opening experience with trying to make healthy choices. Many restaurants don't have nutritional info, and those that did were sometimes so haphazard that I got quite frustrated trying to chose a meal without ruining everyone else's experience. I will give a shout out to IHOP, they have an entire section of choices under 500 calories, which list calories + fat content right on the menu. 500 calories is a lot, but some were within the 350 - 400 range. So lesson learned, stay away from restaurants unless I can study their website listing nutrition in advance. UUGH! No wonder there are so many struggling with their weight!

Just needed to vent, back on the wagon today in a BIG (no pun intended) way!
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    dzora- Add this site to your favorites... Or right click it to your desktop...:smile:
  • kbhobbs
    Options
    Congrats to all of you who saw a loss this week! I'm so impressed with everyone's dedication! You're all so awesome.

You may have noticed that I have a new profile pic. It was my birthday this weekend, and I wore the dress to go out to dinner with my boyfriend, his sister and his brother in law. I admit that I wore one of those shaper undergarments to suck in the gut a bit. Well, when we got home, I took it off and guess what? It wasn't sucking me in much because there wasn't much of a difference without it. The pic is without the shaper. I had my boyfriend take it because I told him I needed to post it on MFP. You gals are such an inspiration. Can you believe this was the first time I'd worn a dress in four years?!? And it was my first time wearing the high zip-up boots...I felt sexy in them!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I know I did.
    Heather

Heather, you look great!!! Keep it down, girl! We will all get throught this together!!! k
  • kbhobbs
    Options
    Congrats to our biggest loser...Alisaperry74

2nd place: Bleux
    3rd place: ncole1

I put it in alphabetical order...so it's easier to find yourself.

Only 11 people didnt weigh in (they are highlighted)

Again...if I miss represented you please send me a message.

can you believe we lost 83lbs in one week?!?!

Allie, i did not not know that you were going to post the week's biggest losers! More inspiration for me to buckle down!!! I WANT TO BE NAMED!!!! Come on everyone, don't you want to be named too???
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm such a dork....
    I was trying to catch up on all the posts and instead of posting on this thread I did on the old one under "Introduce Yourself"...sorry gang.
    If you don't want to go over there and read it the jist is this....

Until I can find out what happened to the challenge from kris this week I want you to try the following...
    30mins cardio today and 16mins of stretching.
    Sound ok?
    I'll try hunt down cris and meokk and see what the deal is.
    talk to you all later.
  • NewChapter
    Options
    Amazing job everyone!!

Ugly weekend of eating and not keeping track :frown: glad that it's Monday cause that means I am back on track and working out today so it will all even out.

Have a great Monday!

(Thank you so much Allie for all the work you are doing with the chart :flowerforyou: )
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    So...what if from now on whoever is the biggest loser for the week (listed under the "% lost week" column) can pick the challenge for the week. If they've done it within the past couple weeks either the honor can go to second place or the winner can pick someone who they feel deserves it!

Thoughts??

I feel like this might be a little more motivation for everyone.
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i just sent a message to the other place but i'm here now

:love:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I finished the challenge made by meokk.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I forgot to mention on my earlier post that I knocked out all 200 crunches last night. I felt bad that I had slacked on the challenge, so I got down on the bedroom floor while the boyfriend was watching tv in bed and got through them all. My abs were burning and I was a bit nauseous afterward, but they're not doing too bad today. I'll make a point to do the meditation tonight and hopefully won't fall asleep doing it!

Cris, I'm waiting for your challenge for the week...
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our biggest loser...Alisaperry74

2nd place: Bleux
    3rd place: ncole1

I put it in alphabetical order...so it's easier to find yourself.

Only 11 people didnt weigh in (they are highlighted)

Again...if I miss represented you please send me a message.

can you believe we lost 83lbs in one week?!?!

Allie, i did not not know that you were going to post the week's biggest losers! More inspiration for me to buckle down!!! I WANT TO BE NAMED!!!! Come on everyone, don't you want to be named too???

Yes! That chart is very motivating, as well as giving recognition to those who lost the most weight this week (relative to their percentage, of course)
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Okay, we had a few more people who posted on the old one, but I've posted the link again so hopefully they'll find us!
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    allie: I like the idea of having the biggest loser make the challenge, like a little reward for their hard work and motivation for everyone.

heather: you look great in the dress and Happy Birthday!

I had a little situation this week that kind of threw me off track. I ran for about 40 mins Saturday and the last 15 minutes I do intervals and about 10 minutes after my run I felt dizzy and my heart started racing. I put my HRM back on and it was at 190!. It stayed like this for 45 minutes and I couldn't make it slow down. I don't even get my heart rate at 190 when exercising hard, 180 is usually my max. I was getting worried and about to go to the hospital when it slowed down. Im seeing the doctor this week about it. This used to happen about 5 years ago but would never last more than 1 or 2 minutes and the cardiologist said it was something I would grow out of...guess not. So, on Sunday I didn't exercise because I was nervous but I was eating good stuff until...I opened the box of thin mint girl scout cookies I have been saving for a treat. I won't even say how many I ate but I just couldn't help it...ugh. I'm going to run today and see how it goes and thankfully, most of the cookies are gone so they won't be there to tempt me.

Have a great week everyone!
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Allie I like it!
    Not only will we be motivated to have our name in lights, but what an aweseme way to keep the challenge chain going. Obviously we are seeing a set back this week as kris has yet to post....where are you!!!!!
    I'm all for it. Also, because you'be been doing a steller job with getting the spreadsheet up on Saturdays, the new challenge can be posted in time for Sunday and for all of us who really see this day as the beginning of the workout week.
    Makes a lot of sense.
    Bee28...how are you feeling now? Take your run down a notch and please listen to your body.
    Yayyy to those who finished meokk's challenge.
  • TC318
    TC318 Posts: 8
    Options
    found it!!! :-)
  • candice26
    candice26 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey everyone, happy monday :smile:

Allie, thanks again for the amazing spreadsheet!

I love the idea of us all going for a 100lb loss, will keep us all motivated to keep the numbers dropping.

I have a suggestion about the nominated challenge person for this week - Can Allie, Shredder, or Heather email the biggest loser/challenge giver for this week? I know it's not always easy to catch up on the posts, so they may have missed this convo. Emailing them will call their attn to it right away! Then from this week forward, everyone will know the drill - Biggest Loser = Challenger!! (maybe a little reminder from Allie after she posts the spreadsheet this saturday?).

I'm going for Shredders mini challenge today, and would be more than happy to step up to the plate to challege the group if all else fails!! :flowerforyou:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ooops just realized I had posted to the wrong one earlier...

I am really hoping to stick to all workouts, challenges, and food goals this week!

I was really down last week, so I didnt make my workout goals or challenge goals. I am going to try for last week's challenge and this week's! I finally figured out that I am trying to do too much exercise I think. I will try to cut back... but still keep up-if that makes sense.

Can't wait to see this week's challenge :D
  • Tracy12283
    Tracy12283 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I goofed and forgot to weigh in on Friday. I hope it's not too late.

SW: 190
    CW: 187 (4/23/2010)

Sadly, I didn't get to my crunches. I just don't know how to find the time sometimes. How do you guys make it work?
  • Tracy12283
    Tracy12283 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Allie,
    I saw you spreadsheet, but I don't think my name is on it. Is it too late to be added for next week? I am still getting the hang of this message board conversing.