Any summer vacation plans?

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My hubby grew up in Minnesota and they were big into 4H.
    His mom judged for years and his dad taught about gun something or another...
    I still use recipes out of their old 4H cook books but I'm really just a city slicker...:tongue:

Very cool! Even city slickers can do 4H! There's all kinds of projects available! LOL!
    My husband is assistant in shooting sports and I do sheep and lapidary (with my mom)!
    [/quote]

They all tried to show me how to shoot this past summer.
    I doubt I even hit the proverbial side of the barn much less the target.
    Lapidary?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Hey Susan:) Have you been to the Smokies and Gatlinburg? It is so beautiful down there. We went over my son's spring break a few years ago. I honestly can't get enough of that place. And it's not too bad of a drive from IN. I just got a message from a friend today asking if I wanted to go to Cabo in August. I have been wanting to go there for a long time. So my promise to my self is that I will be rocking a hot little bikini in 6 months! I can't wait!!!!

We drove down to Florida two years ago but hit the mountains at night so we didn't see much.
    I've been to Nashville a couple times but I've been told that Pigeon Forge is beautiful so I'm looking forward to seeing that area this time. ????
    You will smokin hot in 6 months for Cabo!! :smokin:
  • JediMomof3
    JediMomof3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My hubby grew up in Minnesota and they were big into 4H.
    His mom judged for years and his dad taught about gun something or another...
    I still use recipes out of their old 4H cook books but I'm really just a city slicker...:tongue:

Very cool! Even city slickers can do 4H! There's all kinds of projects available! LOL!
    My husband is assistant in shooting sports and I do sheep and lapidary (with my mom)!

They all tried to show me how to shoot this past summer.
    I doubt I even hit the proverbial side of the barn much less the target.
    Lapidary?
    [/quote]

Lapidary is working with stones. Making them into jewelry, carving them, polishing them, and the favorite one for the kiddos the field trips to find raw material! LOL!
    I like to shoot at trap, I'm not the best but it's fun!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Camping and hiking and exploring the Grand Teton and Yellowstone! :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for winter already. I'm over this heat.

LOL I'm the complete opposite. Ready for spring here in Nebraska!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Camping and hiking and exploring the Grand Teton and Yellowstone! :)

Fun!
    One of our goals is to take our daughter out west to the mountains an Yellowstone.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I cant wait for winter already. I'm over this heat.

LOL I'm the complete opposite. Ready for spring here in Nebraska!

I hear ya! I snowed here again last night...:grumble:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Disney, lots of campuing up North. That's it this year. Next year is Hawaii.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Disney, lots of campuing up North. That's it this year. Next year is Hawaii.

Where's up north for you?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    7 Nights on the Allure of the Seas.

JM
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    Cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman next week
    Rehobeth Beach DE in June
    Miami in July
  • kddarrow
    kddarrow Posts: 24
    Options
    Disney World in May...can't wait!!!:happy:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    New adventures. Just booked Gulf Shores today for June, and hope to go to Alaska end of the summer.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We are headed to St. Augustine, Florida in June! I am so ready for a new town to visit! :) Then in 2 weeks, we'll be going to Gatlinburg for Spring Break. I am excited for a break!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I live in SoCal and can see the ocean from my hill. We spend almost every weekend at the beach starting in april until october. We also going to Tahoe (whole family) and my husband and I are going to Vegas as a getaway from the small people!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I live in SoCal and can see the ocean from my hill. We spend almost every weekend at the beach starting in april until october. We also going to Tahoe (whole family) and my husband and I are going to Vegas as a getaway from the small people!

Beach! Nice!:glasses:
    I'm stuck in the frozen tundra...:sad:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm going to St. Croix mid April! I am SO excited! Just laying by the pool/beach with some foo foo drinks, fishing, snorkeling, drinking, tanning, drinking, partying, drinking! I can't wait! Oh, and did I mention drinking!????
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm going to St. Croix mid April! I am SO excited! Just laying by the pool/beach with some foo foo drinks, fishing, snorkeling, drinking, tanning, drinking, partying, drinking! I can't wait! Oh, and did I mention drinking!????

With little umbrellas in the drinks? :laugh:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Greece! I'm so excited, went to Europe about 6 years ago and am finally going back - can't wait to be on the beautiful Mediterranean!! :drinker:
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Prague, Croatia, and maybe a couple eastern European countries. Still working the details. with 2 other guy friends. Should be more than a little fun.