Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options
124»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You know what I like best about when people whine about all the rude posters? It's the part where they point the the rude, unsupportive people have 1000's of posts and are in shape. Somehow, in their brains, having used this site a lot and having successfully lost weight DISQUALIFIES a person from giving advice to new people. And telling them to stop wasting their time and money on the next magic pill is a bad thing.

I wish there was a magical logic enhancing pill instead of a magical fat burning pill. Because then all these complainers would put it together. The person telling me "NO" has been here, started out at my same weight, asked the same questions, wasted money on bull**** supplements, and then after wasting a bunch of time and money came to the conclusion that losing weight is about calories in/calories out, not about supplements, restrictive diets, or cleanses. Their first 300 posts were asking the same question I am asking now, but their last 2000 posts were telling people like me to save time and money.

Alas, no magic pills for logic or fat loss. So go ahead, buy Jack and the Magic Beanstalk Coffee Bean Extract, keep believing that sound advice is rude and unsupportive. I'll come back for your all caps "BEEN ON MFP FOR MONTHS BUT NOTHINGS WORKING" thread and perhaps you'll be ready to listen at that point.

I'll probably be over 5000 posts and at goal weight by then but I hope that doesn't disqualify me from helping you.
    Well said. If I were in the position of just starting out and looking for solid advice, I wouldn't put much stock in the people whose tickers show "0 pounds lost" - especially if they've been members for a while. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of success.

I don't know what rose-colored, warm and fuzzy world some people live in where being told the truth is considered "rude". If I got off on a tangent and started looking into some silly fad diet, supplement or exercise routine, I'd hope that the experienced, knowledgeable posters would come along to smack me upside the head and bring me back to reality rather than coddling me, murmuring inane coos of encouragement and letting me wander off onto a path that leads to nowhere.

Funny how some people choose to ignore advice from somebody because they're "skinny" or "in shape". How do you suppose they got "skinny" or "in shape"? Maybe take a look at their ticker and/or read their profile and you'll discover that they've fought a long, hard battle to get there, rather than automatically assuming they "just don't know what it's like". They're telling you what you don't want to hear because you're looking for a shortcut and they've already discovered that shortcuts don't work. If that's "rude", then feel free to ignore it and carry on - as DavPul said, we'll wait for the "HELP!!11!1!! OMGZZZZ WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, NOT LOSING??!!?!?!?" thread in a couple months.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Soooo if for the 2 people that felt this post was rude; she didn't mention anyones names and yet you felt that it applied to YOU? Does that mean you actually feel like what you've been saying was rude or people would take it as being rude? Because I didn't feel it applied to me... :laugh:

I find myself shocked to be arguing this, but in general, isn't calling people *kitten* rude to begin with? I could be wrong. Maybe it's a quaint colloquial vernacular where you're from.

Are you calling where I'm from "quaint"??? Rudeness.

:flowerforyou:
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You need to add a disclaimer to your Original Post that says: "if you are a self-righteous, skinny person who is going to be total @ss, please do not reply to my question." People get off on being rude I swear!

I say that if you are already using MyFitnessPal to HELP yourself be more healthy,then if you would like to experiment with supplements that may support you in your journey, GO AHEAD!!! We know that there is no magic easy pill, but I see nothing wrong with using supplements to assist you.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

a) this post above was the rudest post on this thread
    b) some "supplements" can kill you. once upon a time ephedrine was the latest and greatest weight loss gimmick, until people started to die from it.

My apologies if you were offended, but I have seen over and over and over how frequent posters will CRUCIFY someone for asking a question!!! It is rude and unnecessary!!! And she was asking about coffee bean extract, not phentermine or crack.... most of it is decaffeinated.

i'm not offended at the self-righteous or skinny remark. i am neither.

i do get irritated at the repeated but unsupported claims of "rudeness" thrown around here so easily. please tell me exactly what was said on this thread that was rude. i want to know because i genuinely don't see it. i see bluntness. i see an unwillingness by some to cater to diet fad/pill/gimmick mentalities. i don't see rudeness. rudeness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you that you're fat and ugly. bluntness is a stranger walking up to you on the street telling you to get the hell out of the street or you're going to get hit by a car. do you see the difference? the latter is telling you something for your own benefit without sugar coating it. the former is just being awful to you for no apparent reason except for their own amusement.

BTW, i don't think you are fat or ugly. i was just using that as an example.

when it comes to weight loss pills/fads/gimmicks, the best you can say about them is:

a) they likely won't hurt you
    b) they might possibly give you a tiny percentage increase over what you'd get by just eating less and moving more

so in general, my response to these threads is always "don't do it. it's a waste of money" or "this topic has come up many, many times before. just search through the forums and find the previous threads and you'll find all of your answers"

worst case scenario is that some of these things can truly damage you and/or lead to death. on top of that, many of the people hawking these scams are also a bit shady in their business dealings. e.g., i read an article about when you buy sensa, they automatically set up your credit card for recurring billing without your permission. you have to actively get them to stop charging you when you discover the product doesn't work and you don't want it anymore.

did you just call us fat and ugly???! :grumble:

sorry, I'll stop screwing around... :tongue:
  • texasgrower
    Options
    I get it at Sam's for $19.95 for 90 pills. If Sam's sell it then you should be able to get it at Wal-Mart.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I started taking it on March 1st, and I have lost 6 lbs. I am doing IF, exercising 5-6x a week mostly 5x, eating at a deficit, and trying to watch my carb intake keeping it around 100 g but I love chocolate to much so usually I end up around 125g. Iam going to keep up with what I am doing. Good luck to you!
    The bolded part is what is creating the desired effect.

I believe that helps but I do believe this supplement is helping me. I would not advise anyone to try a supplement without healthier eating and exercise they are key for weightloss. I have a major sweet tooth while I am at work and it helps even when I go over my carbs. This is my experience.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I started taking it on March 1st, and I have lost 6 lbs. I am doing IF, exercising 5-6x a week mostly 5x, eating at a deficit, and trying to watch my carb intake keeping it around 100 g but I love chocolate to much so usually I end up around 125g. Iam going to keep up with what I am doing. Good luck to you!
    The bolded part is what is creating the desired effect.

I believe that helps but I do believe this supplement is helping me. I would not advise anyone to try a supplement without healthier eating and exercise they are key for weightloss. I have a major sweet tooth while I am at work and it helps even when I go over my carbs. This is my experience.

You are selling yourself short. Those things are not just "helping", they are what's doing the work! The pill is not doing the work. YOU ARE. YOU are busting your *kitten* exercising, YOU are eating better, YOU are making the weight drop.

Why the hell would you want to give that awesome dedication away? You're doing the work. YOU DESERVE THE CREDIT.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    BANGS..........HEAD.........AGAINST.................WALL...................I am fat. I am fat because I have been lazy. I am fat because i have been lazy and I have been eating too much for too long. So, I am going to continue to be lazy and look for a pill, a cleanse, a juice, a shake, a fast, a fad, a diet or anything else to make me "not fat". If I remain fat, it wont be my fault, it will be the fault of the pill, juice, cleanse, etc. OR I could start eating below TDEE and above BMR. Start moving more. Make better food choices. Change my lifestyle and become fit..........Naaaa, i'll just pi$$ and moan on the internet...

Now THIS is being rude.
  • Lakitacalhoun
    Options
    I started the green coffee been diet me and my daughter, on April 6 and today is the 11 and we list 3 pounds each
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I started the green coffee been diet me and my daughter, on April 6 and today is the 11 and we list 3 pounds each

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but for many people, that's the initial water drop that most people experience when the first cut down calories and eat more sensibly. It's fairly common. It's likely the pills were not an effect towards that. The good news is that you can continue to lose weight without the pills. Take those first few pounds as proof that your body can do the right thing on its own and soldier on. You can do this!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    BANGS..........HEAD.........AGAINST.................WALL...................I am fat. I am fat because I have been lazy. I am fat because i have been lazy and I have been eating too much for too long. So, I am going to continue to be lazy and look for a pill, a cleanse, a juice, a shake, a fast, a fad, a diet or anything else to make me "not fat". If I remain fat, it wont be my fault, it will be the fault of the pill, juice, cleanse, etc. OR I could start eating below TDEE and above BMR. Start moving more. Make better food choices. Change my lifestyle and become fit..........Naaaa, i'll just pi$$ and moan on the internet...

Now THIS is being rude.

LOVE this post. I'd like to steal it and post it repeatedly in various threads. You might want to make it a signature.