One Month Progress Pictures

Options
Ok so recently I hit my breaking poing with how I was feeling about myself and my eating habits were out of control. I knew that eating helathy and exercising alone was not going to help me because I felt like I have been trying my whole life. Knowing that my overeating was linked to my emotions I decided I was going to get all the help I could get and that once I was open and accepted that I had a problem it would be easier to deal with things.
So started going to overeaters anonymous, seeing a therapist, a nutrionist, counting every single thing I ate, planned every meal and snack the night before and started working out three times a week. In the last couple weeks I have increased my workouts and I do not eat all of my exercise cals back but most of them.
I have cut out refined sugar by about 95%, stopped drinking, eat whole grains proteins and try to only eat healthy carbs. All I can say is why didn't I try this sooner.
Some people (including me) fail and try and fail and try and for me I knew I needed more and I needed professional help.
It is kind of rediculous but in one month I have dropped 28 lbs. I feel incredible! I know I will start to plateau at any day but I am not worried about it I just have to take it one day at a time.
I think the most shocking part for me was realizing how much I was actually eating before to keep me at this weight and continue to gain.
I feel like I dont have to hide anymore and everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, I don't cry all the time feeling sorry for myself and I am actually happy. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey and I can only say it is so worth it but the it is your decision you have to want it.
Thanks for listening :)
I took progress pics this morning and was pretty shocked lol.
7ae24c12-6fab-4108-b7c2-ad5d63cc5b0a.jpg

fc76672b-5190-45bf-894e-4fb7b41f6dd9.jpg

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Way to go, in all aspects :) - keep up the great work
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job, congrats on your success so far, you have a nice looking waist there! WTG!!!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a pretty noticeable difference in just one month - kudos!
  • upnorthmj77
    upnorthmj77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome, keep working towards your goals, as I believe too that you really have to "want it"!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You look great, friend!!:heart:
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done.. it's pretty hard to put yourself out there ( I know at this point I wouldn't want to expose the world to my pictures ( even with clothes on ! lol )) You are doing fabulously well - keep going the goal to reach is happiness in yourself for the rest of your life, whatever the number on the scale may say. x
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Amazing progress!!! You are doing so well!
  • sarahsunshine1217
    sarahsunshine1217 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its not easy to post the pictures but when I look thru the forums it is very inspiring to see others pictures and maybe I can inspire too :) Besides I have nothing to hide anymore lol
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Good for you for taking control of your life like that!! This is serious dedication!!!

Good luck with your goals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A great mindset :) just wish i was as brave.... maybe soon - take care and keep up the good work ps: I cut out the 'bad' carbs and just eat the the healthy ones and it too seems to work for me ( lost 23lb in 8 weeks ) x
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! Your stomach is half the size it was- great job and keep it up lady!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Well done! What a difference. I have just discovered the power of picture taking myself, keep up the good work:)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What a difference!! Keep up the good work!!
  • jamielee760
    jamielee760 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing change!! Keep it up girl!!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    This is a great story.. Keep it up.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oh! WOW! 28 lbs in a month. Unbelievable. I am so happy you took control of your life and reaping the benefit. Wish you all the success in your journey. Congratulations.
  • vanessa_m76
    Options
    Wow! Awesome!! Congrats!! I've been trying to eat healthier too. I just started working out as well. Can you share some meal examples with us? That can help me and others to know what to eat.

PS. You are welcomed and encouraged to add me. I'd love to see your future progress. You are an inspiration. :)
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    Danggg girl, you look goood!!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing loss! You have oviously worked very hard!
    Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!