To my coffee creamer loving people?

Options
13»

Replies

• Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been measuring for a while now so I don't know how much i put in before. I'm sure about 2x as much. I prefer more but I don't want to waste calories on something with no nutrition.
  • caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can drink black coffee, but I prefer it with creamer. I'll sometimes use fat free half & half with an artificial sweetener, but I found this soy creamer from Organic Valley that's 25 calories a tbsp and I love it. It's creamier than the sugar free creamers I've tried with just a few more calories.
  • catholic1
    Options
    good idea about the almond milk. i just switched to that recently....trying to get used to it....will try in my coffee
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    When you started measuring out the two tablepsoons of creamer for your coffee, did you notice that you had been putting soo much more than that before? The first thing I realized was how much darker my coffee was! And i find I don't even miss the extra creamer.

That and then realizing REALLY how many calories I was wasting on just creamer! I finally cut it and do falvored coffee black. Gives me a whole huge meal worth of calories back!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    nope i realized i had been putting in the right amount :)
  • mahjohweeee
    mahjohweeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was amazed when I started measuring just how many tablespoons of creamer I was adding in. I now try to keep it limited to 2 tablespoons and/or just a little bit of sugar.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Everyone has a crutch, mine is creamer in my coffee. I do not measure it exactly. Everything else I measure. I guess that is not perfect but hey, I enjoy the hell out of it. : )

^^^ This.
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65
    Options
    The creamer is the best part, I'm down to 2 spoons, the torcher
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee creamer all together now all i do is add a few shakes of cinnamon powder! I love it!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to flavored 'creamers' and I've cut it down to 2T also. After reading the ingredients, I'm going to switch to real cream, flavored with natural flavors, as soon as I run out of it. LOL

After reading the label, this is what is in my sugar free, 15 cals per T, vanilla flavored 'creamer'....yikes!

Water, corn syrup solids, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, and less than 2% of sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), maltodextrin, mono and diglycerides, dipotassium phosphate, color added, natural and artificial flavors, carageenan, dextrose, sucralose, and some yummy acesulfame potassium.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I switched to Almond Milk (unsweetened vanilla) - takes some getting used to but way less calories!
    Also, anyone heard of Ripped Cream? It's all natural coffee creamer with as much protein as an egg. The flavored are Lean Vanilla Bean or Chizzled Chocolate. I have a Giveaway happening on FB Page for two bags! So good and good for you.

I love how they try to make Maltodextrin sound like a healthy ingredient! "Commonly used in weight loss products" - Uh yeah... doesn't mean it's healthy. :huh:

http://www.rippedcoffeecreamer.com/ripped-cream-coffee-creamer.html

There is only 6g of protein in an egg, so... I would just eat an egg instead of putting that stuff in my body, know what I mean? With regard to coffee creamer I use a bit of real cream or coconut milk and get my protein elsewhere.

(This is not to bash you by the way, but I suppose I don't really see the benefit of the Ripped Cream)

As for the OP, when I started measuring my TBS of creamer I was actually surprised by how much you get for 1 TBS! I definitely used to drink like a cup of Coffee Mate with a splash of joe to warm it up, but the idea of doing that now turns my stomach.
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just cant give up cream in my coffee so I switched to SO Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Creamer. They make 3 flavors...plain, French Vanilla and Hazelnut. 1 Tbsp is 20 calories. That is the one thing I look forward to everyday "my first cup of coffee". I am on a lifestyle change I am not looking to give up everything I enjoy...just got workout harder :drinker:
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When you started measuring out the two tablepsoons of creamer for your coffee, did you notice that you had been putting soo much more than that before? The first thing I realized was how much darker my coffee was! And i find I don't even miss the extra creamer.

I just started actually measuring it everyday and not adding sugar. I had the same reaction as you I thought wow it's much darker in colour. I told my husband and he laughed and said yeah I have been telling you forever you do not need alot. Serious plus we are saving money on creamer now!!!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I cut back from 10% cream to 5% but thats all I'm willing to do. I also add a teaspoon of hot chocolate mix to my coffee. I need coffee to function but I'm not a big fan of the taste.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the one pleasure I won't give up. I had to switch to decaf after the Meno Fairy waved her wand because now caffeine (even a single cup) makes my heart pound in waves so hard it takes my breath away. To ensure that the coffee I drink is the best it can be, and as fresh as it can be, I roast my own every day, to my specifications. Then I brew it with my Delonghi Magnifica super automatic espresso machine. Super autos grind the beans, tamp the grounds, pressure brew the coffee and then eject the puck into a knock box inside.

How coffee crazy am I? We have two Magnificas sitting side by side on the counter. One is for my decaf. :blushing:
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I told my husband and he laughed and said yeah I have been telling you forever you do not need alot. Serious plus we are saving money on creamer now!!!

My mom said the same thing, she was like now you see what i meant when i said you used too much!
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I actually just made the switch over the weekend from Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee Mate to Unsweetened Almond Milk and 1tsp of sugar. When I started to measure out my creamer, I was using 3-4Tbsp, and accumulating all of my sugar allotment for the day just with creamer (I drink 3-8oz. cups in the morning). I was definitely shocked! Now, I measure out 1/2C. Almond Milk per cup and that has made me even cut back on the amount of coffee I'm drinking, only 6oz. instead of 8oz. to accomodate for the extra almond milk.

Like you, I've quickly become accustomed to the new taste and although that French Vanilla creaminess is tasty, I know I'm doing better for myself without it.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm always puzzled by creamer. We don't have creamer in the UK and people just take their coffee with regulars cows milk.

Do people in the US not just take milk in their coffee, is it always creamer?

I've switched to additive free unsweetened soy milk (gasp!) from nonfat milk. I get nonfat lattes out and I am assuming those are made with skim milk...perhaps I should investigate that! I'd prefer cow's milk at a restaurant but hate to make a scene and I rarely drink it with a meal.
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love creamer but the 70 calories plus in my 2 cups of coffee a day weren't worth it to me and realized I liked the way flavored coffee tasted without creamer.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump