Healthy sized model!

Options

Replies

• xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    She does look gorgeous!

Then again, I have a total girl crush on Adriana, so I'd still choose her over that first chick.
    ;P
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Meh.. I prefer Adriana Lima, who is also a healthy weight (btw).

sexy-adriana-lima-2011-model.jpg

I love Adriana Lima but did you know that she was quoted saying she doesn't eat solid food for 9 days before a show? Some may think thats not healthy, but she looks healthy so its ok? There's more to health than judging someone's appearance.
  • SamanthaRoberts11
    Options
    Though I agree with many models starving themselves, there are models that have fast metabolisms and are very tall giving them the appearance of "starving themselves." I know a volleyball player who is 6'1 and she is very thin. But she is extremely fit.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Meh.. I prefer Adriana Lima, who is also a healthy weight (btw).

sexy-adriana-lima-2011-model.jpg

I love Adriana Lima but did you know that she was quoted saying she doesn't eat solid food for 9 days before a show? Some may think thats not healthy, but she looks healthy so its ok? There's more to health than judging someone's appearance.

I would die if I couldn't eat solid food for 5 hours...lol! :laugh:
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    This type just makes me sad and this is not even as bad as it gets. :/

http://marinasleeps.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/starving-model.jpg
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

I didn't say anything about her lifestyle, I said she is a healthy weight (if you look up her stats - you'd agree).
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's this thread again.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options

starving-model.jpg
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I was disappointed too, I was hoping for one of these:

8172.jpg

Look at that healthy-sized beast! It's gotta be, what, quarter scale?! AWESOME! You go girlfriendtrain!
  • _DaniD_
    Options

You're sad because she is too skinny? Are you assuming she doesn't eat?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    This thread is a great excuse to post a picture of my favorite model, Ashley Graham. She's the one that was in the banned Lane Bryant ad.

3XSwBHzWDVOm.jpg

And the ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyCuITBD6dk

edited because my spelling was not so great and for better picture
  • ajhugz
    Options

So now you want to turn this into lets talk about how bad eating disorders get, instead of what we can do to help educate people on eating disorders? There are people in the fashion industry helping. Since 2007 he CFDA has been working with designers to help educate models on health. I know this because I shoot fashion photography for a living and I make it a point to be aware of what's going on in the industry. In Israel, by law you can't model unless your BMI is 18.5 and above. How many underweight models did you see on the runway in 2013? I'm not saying that too skinny models are a thing of the past, but it is being worked on so why not be happy about it. Those young girls and women with eating disorders need help and someone is finally paying attention.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

8172.jpg

Look at that healthy-sized beast! It's gotta be, what, quarter scale?! AWESOME! You go girlfriendtrain!

I like his fuzzy gray beard.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

8172.jpg

i expected this, it's healthy... although no garage and I'd put a roof on it....

interior1_zpse6350473.jpg
  • ajhugz
    Options

I didn't say anything about her lifestyle, I said she is a healthy weight (if you look up her stats - you'd agree).

So as long as you're a healthy weight, having healthy eating habits don't matter.... ok i got
  • ajhugz
    Options

8172.jpg

Omg i would love to ride that thing. Its so big!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

i expected this, it's healthy... although no garage and I'd put a roof on it....

interior1_zpse6350473.jpg

Now that's a healthy-sized model! Me and two friends could be inside that model at once!!
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

8172.jpg

Omg i would love to ride that thing. Its so big!

I object to the word 'big', it's 'healthy'!
  • _DaniD_
    Options

So as long as you're a healthy weight, having healthy eating habits don't matter.... ok i got

What? I don't think I said that at all.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Being skinny and a model doesn't make someone unhealthy. Just like some of us are naturally overweight, others are naturally skinny. It's life. Yes, some of those models resort to unhealthy practices to reach their weights but others just can't help it anymore than some of us can help being overweight. How about NOT trying to make people feel bad about their bodies NO MATTER THEIR SIZE! Healthy isn't a weight, it's what you eat and how you care for your body. Stop the body shaming!