Healthy sized model!

Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    I am the same height weight and wear the same size as her sooo why doesn't my belly look that good?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    here you go
    575451_10152553216985422_992006690_n.jpg

That is exactly the body I am aiming for. Nice to see it, thank you!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    here you go
    575451_10152553216985422_992006690_n.jpg

totally agree she is drop dead gorgeous and if I can have her body-- I will take it in a heartbeat!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    I am the same height weight and wear the same size as her sooo why doesn't my belly look that good?

Photoshop
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    This thread is a great excuse to post a picture of my favorite model, Ashley Graham. She's the one that was in the banned Lane Bryant ad.

3XSwBHzWDVOm.jpg

And the ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyCuITBD6dk

edited because my spelling was not so great and for better picture

Not the desired body type for me, personally, but she is GORGEOUS!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

So now you want to turn this into lets talk about how bad eating disorders get, instead of what we can do to help educate people on eating disorders? There are people in the fashion industry helping. Since 2007 he CFDA has been working with designers to help educate models on health. I know this because I shoot fashion photography for a living and I make it a point to be aware of what's going on in the industry. In Israel, by law you can't model unless your BMI is 18.5 and above. How many underweight models did you see on the runway in 2013? I'm not saying that too skinny models are a thing of the past, but it is being worked on so why not be happy about it. Those young girls and women with eating disorders need help and someone is finally paying attention.

I really don't see what the argument was. She was saying people who ruin their bodies to that extent make her sad. It makes me sad, too. It' a sad, sad thing.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722

you are 5'10" and you wear a size 8?
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    My daughter works for one of the most successful modeling agency's in New York and she assures me that every model is starving . The minimum height is 5'9 and they cannot weigh more than 118 . They prefer them lighter . They make also weigh them every time they come in .
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    While I think she looks beautiful, her BF% looks a bit high. Starving isn't healthy, but neither is too much fat.

I agree....her BF% looks a little unhealthy!
  • TigressPat
    While I think she looks beautiful, her BF% looks a bit high. Starving isn't healthy, but neither is too much fat.

she's 5'10" and wears a size 8...

how is that unhealthy?
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    This thread is a great excuse to post a picture of my favorite model, Ashley Graham. She's the one that was in the banned Lane Bryant ad.

3XSwBHzWDVOm.jpg

And the ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyCuITBD6dk

edited because my spelling was not so great and for better picture

Okay I just watch the commercial...and it was banned for what reason? She's gorgeous and made me want run out and buy a new bra.
  • KatrinaWilke

how is that unhealthy?

When I was 5'7" and wore a size 6, my BF was over 30%.....size doesn't always dictate what your BF% is.
  • TigressPat

how is that unhealthy?

When I was 5'7" and wore a size 6, my BF was over 30%.....size doesn't always dictate what your BF% is.

those 3 inches you neglected to mention make a great deal of difference.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    i expected this, it's healthy... although no garage and I'd put a roof on it....

interior1_zpse6350473.jpg

Is it made out of cake because if not then it's not very healthy to eat.
  • KatrinaWilke
    That is my goal !! the girl with the lingerie--I used to be the girl in the swim suit!!

^This!
  • amymrls
    She says she wears a size 12. =) I wear a 12

• milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    When I was a size 16 I loved threads like this b/c it felt like "hey, thats realistic for me", but now that I am a size 2/4 I hate them b/c the assumption is always that girls who are smaller then the "healthy" model are not fit or healthy and neither of those things is true for me. I am tiny and fit, and even at a size 2/4 I am curvy and feminine. Size does not determine healthy or beauty!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Oh, it's this thread again.

I was disappointed too, I was hoping for one of these:

8172.jpg

Look at that healthy-sized beast! It's gotta be, what, quarter scale?! AWESOME! You go girlfriendtrain!

i've got a healthier model for you, burt:

tbig.jpg
  • amymrls
    This thread just goes to show that women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful. There are beautiful thin women and beautiful heavier women. Maybe they should just learn to love each other how they are....
  • TigressPat
    She says she wears a size 12. =) I wear a 12

a UK size 12. that's a US size 8.
    you are two sizes larger than her.