Anyone try the military diet?....

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    is this the one that you eat hot dogs and ice cream, then cottage cheese and grapefruits? "chemical reactions trigger weight loss"
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    Rule of thumb. If something is called "The [Something] Diet" and boasts "Lose up to [x] lbs in [y] days", it's not even worth your time or bandwidth to click on the link.

This. Common sense for the win.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the creamed chipped beef on toast diet? I thought we had moved beyond that barbarism. (Though, I loved it as a kid!)

Oh, nostalgia. I loved that stuff too. I remember something just like that with asparagus as well.

As for a military diet, check out Bataan, I heard they got wicked skinny. (too soon?)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb. If something is called "The [Something] Diet" and boasts "Lose up to [x] lbs in [y] days", it's not even worth your time or bandwidth to click on the link.

OMG I actually agree with you :laugh:

That is an excellent rule of thumb.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    is this the one that you eat hot dogs and ice cream, then cottage cheese and grapefruits? "chemical reactions trigger weight loss"

This would be the one, yep. I always marvel at how people can fall for the idea that those foods of have chemical interactions that magically drop pounds.....seriously....hot dogs???
  • lalaglo30
    lalaglo30 Posts: 33
    Options
    That's what I'm doing now...
  • Talleifer
    Talleifer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    don't do it, MREs taste like butt and they are NOT low cal.

I kind of liked MREs. Well, as long as I avoided the "bad" ones.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is that the diet where you dont get breakfast due to budget cuts?

Haha :) I like you.
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This. Just eat healthy and move your body. End. Of. Story. I read a girls post who did it and said she had to choke her grapefruit down. Why eat it if you have to choke it down? Just eat mindfully and eat what you like.
    We're on a roll here today with the fad diet threads.

This is basically an anorexic diet.

• Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "If it fits in your day, it's okay". This is my motto!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    40lbs in 30 days?

What, it's a liposuction diet?
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just open these to read the answers of people who say they've tried it and lost _____ lbs and kept it off.. Yet their ticker says they have 101.7 lbs to go -___-
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    MRE's?
    T-rations for breakfast, MRE's for lunch and T-rations again for dinner.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We're on a roll here today with the fad diet threads.

This is basically an anorexic diet.

Yup! The word *diet* in itself is just wrong, it should be a maintainable lifestyle of eating... take the 't' off of diet and run run away!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    So there are people in US Army who need to lose 40lbs?
  • cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

For. The. WIN!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    any diet that tells you to eat hot dogs and ice cream every day is no diet that i think would be beneficial for weight loss/health needs
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I came across a pin on Pinterest for the military diet. Read the plan and it's really easy to follow. 3 days on (eating their food plan) and 4 days off (still eating healthy but not following their meal plan). It boasts that you can lose up to 40 lbs in a month if done correctly. Anyone try this diet? Thoughts? Success? Bad reviews?

1) Anyone in the military (or prior service) will tell you that they're not eating hotdogs and grapefruit...
    2) Folks in the military usually eat more than what's defined in the diet and they exercise.