What doesn't count??

Options
I'm asking this just kind of for fun! Just to see the answers I get. lol.

I have heard a lot of people claim that some things they just don't bother counting in their daily food intake, things like coffee, tea, small bites of something, a piece of candy ect.

Are there things you purposely don't log? And if so why do think you don't have to log it? Do you log every single bite? Do you think its ok to not log every little thing or no? I wanna hear it all. Its open for discussion. :)

Note*** : I am not saying I do or do that I don't log every little thing, I am not saying how I feel about it either way I am simply just wanting to get everyone else's opinion. :)

Replies

• TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    I log if i accidentally smelled a cookie. i log .001 cookie.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee or sweetener, I do log the milk that goes in my coffee.

Why? I can't be bothered to log those minute amounts of calories, the amount of milk I log for use throughout the day I never get through so that makes up for the small amount of cals in the coffee and sweetener anyway.

I log everything else.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log it all. Depending on who you are, those "little bites" can add up quick, particularly if it's a calorie dense food. I'm only on a 250 calorie per day deficit so I don't have a whole lot of wiggle room.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I purposefully don't log. If I am busy, sometimes I'll leave out my tablespoon of coffee creamer or ketchup, gum, etc. Usually nothing that adds up to more than 40-50 calories total. Those are usually on weekends when I know that I have been active and don't feel like getting down to every calorie. It doesn't bother me too much.

I never log salt either. I'd prob be scared of what my sodium would be if I did.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I rarely log drinks anymore, even though some have high calories like beer. I drink lots of tea with 2 sugars in every cup and never log that.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Everything that goes in your mouth (with the exception of water) has calories so it all counts.

If you put in 1 packet of artificial sweetener in black coffee that's only about 10-15 calories so it's up to you if you want to be "bothered" to log it or not.

Only professionals (e.g. Bodybuilders) really go crazy with tracking every single calorie but even then it's probably not necessary.

I usually don't log small things (coffee, sweetener, diet drinks) unless I consume a lot of them.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I log if i accidentally smelled a cookie. i log .001 cookie.

bwahahaha this made me giggle
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    pure green tea made homemade = 0 calories so i don't log it in. i do if i have diet soda though
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't log my tea -- brewed, not bottled and no sugar or milk -- or water because it's zero calories and it would be too much for me to log. I log my coffee because I put milk or non dairy creamer in it and those have calories.

I do, however, log everything else. I try to factor in the little bites of things I might take when I make dinner as well.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't log chewing gum. I think it has 2.5 calories per piece.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I log in everything but my tea i dont add sweeteners and i allow myself as much as i like. everything else i log oh and water i dont log my water.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Ketchup .. mustard .. hot sauce. Most condiments.

I do log Mayonnaise or Salad dressings, though.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ummmm.....

sleep?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Water. I drink 5-6 22oz bottles a day.

Logging that would take *forever*.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water intake.

I don't log herbs or spices, but I do log condiments.

I don't usually log a "bite" of something random.

I don't log tea.

I don't drink tea.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, garlic, tea, or water intake.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Anything consumed on a weekend or holiday or vacation or day I just don't feel like logging.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't log restaurant meals or food I eat at parties, they're an exception, not the rule. I suppose if i was forced to eat restaurant food on a regular basis then I'd log it

I don't log tea, I drink it black with no sugar, it has negligible calories.

I don't log vinegar, because as far as I'm aware the body can't metabolise it, and water contains no calories

I don't log curry powders, but I do log curry paste because it's full of fat. delicious, spicy, fat mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING.

I'm kinda fanatical like that.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water, I know I drink far beyond the recommended intake.

I don't log booze. I know I drink too much and don't need MFP telling me that, lol. Working so far.