Looking for some Christian weight loss buddies!

Options

Replies

• KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Why do you need christians for support? LOL. That makes absolutely zero sense.

Why is it so weird that people seek out other people with similar beliefs or interests. It is no different than people posting looking for people of similar age, or dieting styles, or workout preference...
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me! Anyone else can, too.
  • marjushkamarusya
    Options
    orthodox christian counts?
  • bwats33
    bwats33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For the wages of sin is death. A wage is something that you have worked for and due. Don't call God unfair when he only gives you what you are owed. One's non acceptance of something that is true does not negate its truth. Truth is ALWAYS true even before it has been discovered. At one time science thought the world to be flat once they discovered the truth they changed their position.

This kind of stuff scares the hell out of me....

I do agree with you on your last sentence though....although your premise is flawed ("science" never thought the world was flat), the point is science changes when presented with new evidence. I absolutely agree with this statement. That's why it's a better method for discovering truth than religion, which claims to know truth with no evidence, and even IN SPITE of evidence in many cases. Science isn't a body of knowledge...it's a process for explaining and describing the universe....and the best one we have at the moment.
  • mjbowman821
    mjbowman821 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree that science is flawed due to its access to total information. Unfortunately, some people see science as unerring like some might see the bible and they make science their religion.

My bible tells me to Love God with all my heart, soul and MIND. God does not want blind faith. He has given evidence for his existence. But it is more in legal evidence (eyewitnesses, historical, testimony) Paul said "Come let us reason together" as he would go to the synagogue and present his case for God to the Jews.

You say that science is better for discovering truth but what if the scientist is flawed being that he will be looking for something that supports his worldview. We all do it, we claim open-mindedness and tolerance but really not so much.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree that science is flawed due to its access to total information. Unfortunately, some people see science as unerring like some might see the bible and they make science their religion.

My bible tells me to Love God with all my heart, soul and MIND. God does not want blind faith. He has given evidence for his existence. But it is more in legal evidence (eyewitnesses, historical, testimony) Paul said "Come let us reason together" as he would go to the synagogue and present his case for God to the Jews.

You say that science is better for discovering truth but what if the scientist is flawed being that he will be looking for something that supports his worldview. We all do it, we claim open-mindedness and tolerance but really not so much.

Though I am a follower of the Lord of light, I do have to point out that what you said is a common fallacy towards science. Science is evidence-based belief; people do not worship it, they adhere to it because it is most true to our understanding. If science is flawed, it changes and grows as we learn more. Don't set-up a strawman for how science functions or how people that respect science view it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    WWJD?...I think He would invite everyone to be friends.

YES!
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want! One thing I learned through losing the weight was that I was turning to food in tough times instead of putting my faith and trust in God.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    As an non-theist, I feel left out.
  • walts9
    walts9 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pennie and I have several health issues and need to lose weight. I've been on a 1200-1400 calorie diet since January and have lost 20 lbs. It doesn't seem like much to me but all my health care professionals think i'm doing good because my mobility is very limited. I'm a Christian and would love to have more friends to keep me motivated and from being discouraged.
  • xrmsmithx
    xrmsmithx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian and added a bunch of you all. Go ahead and add me if I missed you!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Another thread risen from the dead. Weird.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Why do you need christians for support? LOL. That makes absolutely zero sense.

Why is it so weird that people seek out other people with similar beliefs or interests. It is no different than people posting looking for people of similar age, or dieting styles, or workout preference...

So they can call burn in hell together.
  • BreannaHayes1
    BreannaHayes1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Bre! I'm 18! I am a devout Christian! Feel free to add!
  • deniduell
    Options
    I am a Christian and struggle with my weight everyday. I would love to have support as well and would love to be part of a group that prays for one another.:happy:
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Im a man of faith add me if u like
This discussion has been closed.