The Importance of Eating Breakfast

2»

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    I have breakfast some days, some days I don't. Personal preferance. Studies cater to the results they want to achieve. They can prove or disprove anything. Which is why I go by what my body says and not what others say I should or should not be doing.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    I think that is so true and also you would fee like that if you dont a well-balanced breakfast.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    I never did well with breakfast until I figured out that I cannot eat cold food in the morning. So I stick with oatmeal or an egg omelet and tap water. I have never had a problem with weight, just flab. ;)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Not sure how I feel about "breakfast." For about 30 years, I ate my first meal of the day when I got hungry--sometimes as early as 7:30 or 8 a.m., but more often closer to 11 or 12 noon. My weight fluctuated throughout that time, independent, seemingly, of how many meals I ate or when I ate them. Like many have said here, I felt that on days I ate early that I continued to eat more all day.

A year ago, I started eating breakfast most days around 6 or 7 a.m.. I work out early 3 days a week, and I find I perform better if I eat something either after my workout or before and after. I'm also starving after I work out if I don't eat something in the morning. I find that now I'm hungry earlier in the morning on the other days of the week as well. Not sure whether it's psychological or whether I'm actually hungry, and I'm eating a lot more these days, so I need the calories at some point, but I used to eat a bigger lunch than I do most days now.

Now, to the point of all that. I'm smaller now than I have been since junior high school. And in much better shape. So, while I felt it was working for me for years not to eat first thing in the morning, now I'm not so sure it was ever the right thing. For me.