Eye Liner

Options
OnionMomma
OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
So, I have tried TONS of eye liners. From the cheap stuff to stuff like Sephora's. NOTHING will stay put. Within 4 hours, it's running down my face.

I have even tried Estee' Lauder's eye liner.

Anyone else with this problem?

What did you do? Did you just give up?

I'm wondering if it's due to the fact that I'm a really warm person. I don't sweat, but when others have on a sweater at work, I'm fine. I'm an ESL tutor, so it's not like I'm running laps around the building.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Here's the problem... You aren't using this:

ghk-0912-ud-eyeshadow-primer.jpg?1349903559
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Follow it up with this and you'll wake up the next morning without a single thing smudged and out of place. This is important to me especially if I'm doing the walk of shame...

eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner_pack-shot-crop.png
  • OnionMomma
    Options
    ^^ Really, they didn't mention that.

I have primer for my face but not my eyes. I will try that.

At this point, as long as the liner stays put, I am willing to pay $40.00 for a stick!!!

ETA it's my lower lid (not waterline) that runs. But over time my upper lid will as well.

Do I use the primer on top AND bottom?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I use Almay or Loreal's liquid eyeliner pen that's like a felt tip marker along the top lashes, and a cheapo (Wet N Wild?) pencil with powdered eye shadow over it the lower lash line (when I use liner on the lower lashes).

It's not completely sweat proof... if I don't wash my makeup off before I run, I come home looking like Alice Cooper. But it lasts through normal wear and tear.
  • OnionMomma
    Options
    Felt tip, that's one kind I have NOT tried.

Will add this to my list, THANKS!!

Keep the ideas coming. I did this on my FB page about 2 months ago and ran through EVERY single idea, nothing worked.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yeah those are right. i sell cosmetics and skin care. our eye liners are water resistant you might want to get one like that too and combined with an eye primer you should be good. there are also water resistant cream shadows that double as primer, we sell I am sure others do too. just go to a makeup counter and tell them exactly what yousaid here. they can help you find what you need.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    ^^ Really, they didn't mention that.

I have primer for my face but not my eyes. I will try that.

At this point, as long as the liner stays put, I am willing to pay $40.00 for a stick!!!

ETA it's my lower lid (not waterline) that runs. But over time my upper lid will as well.

Do I use the primer on top AND bottom?

I do... I also do my eyebrows so that the pencil I use stays in place over some scaring I have. All the way from corner to corner top & bottom. It's seriously AMAZING!

My mom found that it made her eyes water a little, so she started using this which is also quite good. I prefer the Urban Decay, but she prefers the Lorac.

lorac-behind-the-scenes-eye-primer-d-20120307171148517~180719.jpg
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    24 hour stay on urban decay eye liner. amazing
  • odusgolp
    Options

^ Five. Over the Primer Potion, of course :)
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i swear by Maybelline's Define-a-Line. it's nectar of the gods.

- i wear eyeliner every day, dusk til dawn.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Have you tried only lining the top? This gives a fresher, more open look to the eyes in my opinion.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Best eyeliner that I have ever used is from Mary Kay. No smudges and no running and last all day.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :D I need a decent eyeliner too!
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options

I'm vouching for this. You can try putting on the primer, eyeliner, then run black (or whatever color you are using) over it.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Fun! I never bother with eyeliner, but y'all just gave me a reason to.
  • cfieds
    cfieds Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use Eyeko's skinny liner -- it doesn't budge!

Although, I still use Stila's liner on my waterline on occasion, that usually wears off in a few hours. But if you're looking for a liner to use on your upper lash line, the Eyeko one is my favorite by far. Sephora even carries it!
    http://www.sephora.com/skinny-liquid-eyeliner-P310736
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff!!!!
    Follow it up with this and you'll wake up the next morning without a single thing smudged and out of place. This is important to me especially if I'm doing the walk of shame...

eye-studio-lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner_pack-shot-crop.png
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Best ever - Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes. You can get it at Sephora online. I have always had problems with getting a mirror image eyeliner line on my eyelid from when my eyes are open and with this, it never happens. It's waterproof and smudge proof, but it washes off easily.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've got this problem too I got the fat waterproof eyeliner by smashbox it works pretty good and I can tightline
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am an endurance runner who runs with eyeliner - I swear by Mary Kay's eye primer and eye liner.