Do you use a monitor that tracks calories burned?

Options
2»

Replies

• alexisjfrank
    Options
    Just got my Polar FT4 yesterday and I already love it.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia FIT... amazing. Get it from Costco.com for a free 12 month subscription to the Activity Manager. I've been wearing mine for 8 days, been keeping my caloric deficit at 1000 daily and of course working out and I have lost 2.8 pounds so far. Whats's awesome is you can clearly see what your projected TDEE for the day will be and adjust your intake as you go.

I stalled out for 3 months and got very frustrated, even gained back 7 pounds while gyming 5 days/week. Once I put on the FIT I clearly saw I was over eating by 500 calories/day. No wonder I stalled and gained.

I'm only taking this thing off to shower and charge from now on until I hit my final goal.

IMHO it's completely worth the $150 to not have any guess work and frustration.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit. It's awesome. Way better than an HRM IMO. A BodyMedia Fit may be even better.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've used Fitbit and Polar FT7

Polar FT7 is MUCH better!

Everything Fitbit does is easily accounted for by setting your activity level correctly.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Haven't used it yet, but just bought the polar ft4 based on reviews from MFP users.