Beautiful Blues 4/20/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge23.JPG

Here's the new chart. Lets all pick something that we need to fix and do it this week. Suze Orman said that in order to be powerful you have to be 100% responsible at all times. In order to get what you want you need to find the power to do it. I am going to look for that source of power this week. I am not sure what I am going to need to get/find it. But I am going to look for it. I know that I will not be able to over come my bad eating if I don't fix the problem instead of the symptoms. I definitely don't want to find myself eating a box of donuts again! I have realized this week that my noticeable (memorable) weight gains have all occured with significant amounts of change. When my family moved when I was 12, when I got married and started working night shifts. Now that I have moved again I don't want to gain more weight... I am guessing that I don't deal with change as well as I thought I did. Now I am going to find a way to deal with it better!

What's your challenge?

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am heading back to BAMA in the am. I am definatly ready to get back to my routine. I am going to hold myself accountable with everything I put in my mouth. I WILL get back to P90x when I get home, and my life WILL get back on track. I plan on starting C25K on MOnday so I can be a runner.

were is everybody this week I hope we haven't lost anybody in our group

PS I HATE TOM :grumble:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I hope we have not lost anyone also! I have not been good at following up with people who don't send me their weights--if you guys want me to pester you I can...

I should start picking up running again also and make my workout a little longer in the morning. I don't have the availability to workout the rest of the day. Getting up at 5 am can be a little hard however. Ok, I'll get over it...I will attempt c25k again...
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I did manage to successfully give blood again yesterday, but it wiped me out so much that I didn't post last night. I went to bed an hour early instead (that's when I usually make time for this.) Anyway, I am fine, well and good, and I think that my challenge for myself for this week is to drink more. I am really bad about not drinking enough - I have never liked to. I don't even serve myself a beverage with a meal.
    I did manage to get a swim in today, and it felt great. Everyone have a good evening! and Here's to smart choices!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey blue team,
    I've been around, lurking a bit.

I'm getting ready as I got just over 2 weeks to go.
    I'm not happy that last week we ordered pizza (multi grain crust), and I've gone up a few lbs.
    Sodium, whatever. I want it to go back down, and I missed my workout last night, had a bunch of chores that had to get done after work.
    It's going to be busy for next few weeks , and I'm trying to fit in all these extra things I have to do around my workout.
    I also need to go tanning. :laugh: Don't want to burn first day i'm on the beach in florida.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Well I missed my workout with my sister last night, because I lost track of time while I was out with a friend. So I may be doing 2 workouts today if I feel up to it. She's a little upset with me right now because she thinks I'm not trying hard enough to find a job. I'm looking! There just isn't much out there! Considering I'm living with her rent-free though, I have to keep her happy...otherwise it's back to Maryland I go. Ugh...stressed!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Good luck rach, You could always make finding a job your full time job for now...:laugh: Getting up and going to "work" every day may convince your sister you are trying extra hard...:wink:

We have had quite the storm today. Torrential rain and hail and I have enjoyed every second of watching it...until I had to drive in it.

Peter you sure are getting to the final count down! Best of luck in preparing. Have fun!!

Mary I am glad that you were able to give blood again, drink your water--if you drink while preparing the meal then you won't be as hungry.:bigsmile:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I made it home ok today and tomorrow things will be back to normal (well as normal as they have ever been for me). I will be doing P90x and C25K.

Got to spend several hours with hubby last night and got him a good home cooked meal and clean cloths ( he came to my moms house to visit) before he had to get back on the road and I had to head back to BAMA

I am whipped but am glad to be home. MY challange for the rest of the week is water and getting back on track
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Just finished Plyo...burned a nice 659 calories! Whoo! Last time I did all of plyo I only burnt 533. I like to see that I'm stepping up my game!

The scale is showing me numbers today that I haven't seen in over 3 years! I'm trying not to let the numbers mess with me too much so I'm going to try not to step on it again until Monday. Just keep that good feeling for the remainder of the week.

Keep pushing guys!!

Debnu - That's a good idea. I'm getting all dressed up (with tattoos covered) and going to a few places tomorrow. We'll see what I can find!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I'm really tired - just got 3 1/2 hrs of sleep last night, so just popped in to say hi. Drank a little more water than usual today - could still improve. Good night!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am feeling real tired today I took a little nap but still tired I am going to relax today and see how I feel tomorrow. Ready to get back at it but my body is saying recover from the long trip.

Hop everyone is doing good it has been real lonley on here lately
  • thumper44
    Options
    hey all.
    Rach good luck out there.

Mary, make sure you get some good sleep, if your body needs the rest.

Thanks Deb, it's getting close, fast...

Got my Shoulders/chest/tricep in yesterday and did plyometrics today. Got a good burn.. :smile:
  • msh0530
    Options
    I did it! I have been working towards this for about 18 months, hoping to get there by late May, and today I swam 1/2 mile, doing the crawl stroke, non stop! If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about this even if I do swim slower than my swim buddies. (It took me 45 minutes. They swim 2/3 to 1 mile in that time.) I really never thought that I would see the day that I could do this!

On the subject of sleep: so this morning, I woke up at 4:30, after going to bed at 11. As I said, the night before was about 3 1/2 hours. I have no clue why. This is not like me. I seldom do this, and if I do, I usually know why, but not this time. I'm hoping to sleep until the alarm goes off at 6 tomorrow. Maybe the swimming will help with that.

Hope all are doing well. Here's to smart choices!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Just finished up Shoulders, Arms and Abs! I don't know what got into me and my sis today but we kept making jokes and cracking up. Not good when you're laying on the floor holding weights above your face! :laugh:
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, be sure to keep yourself busy. Find all those things you wish you could do but don't for whatever reason and start doing them!

Mary, I was up way early yesterday too, before my alarm and I should have been exhausted. Today wasn't much better for me But a little. I hope you make up for your lack of sleep.

We finally hit the closing table for our old house yesterday. I dreamt about it all night. I am glad to only owe one mortgage as of funding and recording today.

Eat healthy and drink your water everyone!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Very quiet week.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!.
  • smadag1
    Options
    My focus this week is water workouts and getting more fruits and veggies in my meals :drinker:
    I am going to restart the C25K program plus keep doing P90x
    Oh yeah I also NEED to find a job :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Well a cute boy came along this weekend and completely distracted me! Ahhh! Back to my routines though. Lol
  • debnu1
    Options
    Be sure to send me your weights everyone!

It sure is weird to have someone living in our old house. I am having a bit of a hard time with it. I am sure I will get over it soon. I just need to not drive by everyday I guess... (It's by where my daughter goes to school, I am not that much of a stalker...:wink: )

I am on my first recovery week. I did xstretch today instead of yoga--I couldn't bring myself to the time commitment. I enjoyed it! This week will be fun but I have a feeling I am going to miss the strength training.

I realized today that I really need to be much better at my eating. I am still gaining weight and I can't blame it on muscle increases anymore...Time to get back to logging everything. My husband is going to buy me a laptop computer this week so I don't go to the dungeon everytime I get on the internet. That will really help. I will just have to limit myself to twice a day computing instead of 20...:laugh: Instead of a new board this week I think I will post the chart in this one. Lets keep it going!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I don't like doing the yoga it is too slow paced for me and the time commitment ti takes to do I think I will need to find something else to do on my yoga days.