Greek Yogurt , what is your favorite way to eat it

Options

Replies

• MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In Greece in the sunshine with walnuts and thyme honey.......but seriously.........

I use it as sour cream replacement on all tex mex!

Love it!
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I cut up a granny smith apple and use the greek yogurt as a fruit dip. The sweet apple goes nicely with the yogurt, and I only like the Fage 0% greek yogurt. Not a fan of the other brands
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Had this today for afternoon snack:

150g plain fat free Greek yogurt. Chobani brand.
    20g vanilla protein powder
    Whisk together
    Add 250g fresh strawberries

Groan! So good!!
    233 cals
    16 carbs
    2 fat
    33 protein

I would serve this to guests for a dessert, it was so nice!
  • johncarocci
    Options
    Whoever posted the Jell-O fat free sugar free cheesecake pudding idea, God bless you! It was amazing. I tried lemon pudding too, and it was good, but the cheesecake was out of this world.
  • meagtheleo
    Options
    1/2 plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    few dashes of cinnamon and a lil squirt of honey
    blend it together and it is an amazing 60 cal for 2 tblspn!
    I eat with apple slices, pretzels, banana chips, celery, WHATEVER!!!!
    So divine!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Substitution for sour cream!
  • odula
    odula Posts: 2
    Options
    MY absolute favorite is Yoghurt Soup:

Boil half a cup of rice in about 4 or 5 cups of water or broth. While the rice is in there boiling and softening, mix your choice of flour ( 1 tbsp) with yoghurt (2 cups), if you wish you can add one egg yolk. Add this mixture to the pot and let it cook until the flour is all cooked, couple of minutes on medium heat and then turn it way down. When it has simmered for about 5 minutes, pour a little olive oil in a pan, heat it up in medium heat. Once its all heated up, put in tea spoon topped full of dried mint. let it set all its flavor into the oil, avoid burning the mint. Pour this into your soup, season, taste and serve. Modify the amount of rice for your taste.

Absolutely beautiful soup and very light when made with low fat yoghurt.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    plain Greek with milled flax seed and either raspberries or blueberries
    no sugar or sweeteners added
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just started eating it, but I tried some brown sugar and honey mixed in it and it was awesome. :D
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    With locally made organic honey and fresh raspberries from my backyard. Sadly, the raspberries are only available a certain time of year (not now, sadly). But the thornless raspberry bush is starting to show signs of life (it's already spring where I live)
  • aceof89
    aceof89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nikkincs
    nikkincs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    with stevia and cocoa powder to make almost a chocolate pudding
    with fruit and granola for breakfast
    for a protein boost and smooth texture in green smoothies
  • cngarrand
    cngarrand Posts: 81
    Options
    Learned this from a co-worker...Take the Plain Greek Yogurt and mix it with your favorite flavored MiO. I know that it might not sound good - I thought the same thing - but then I tried it and LOVED it. It doesn't add any calories, sugars, or fat. The MiO (or store brand) makes a world of difference. You can put as little or as much as you like. Enjoy!! :-)
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    this may be hardcore but i like it just the way it is...straight up...esp. right after a hardworkout :)
  • taraaaal
    taraaaal Posts: 13
    Options
    I am actually eating banana Chobani greek yogurt with special K Oats & Honey cereal right now... its so good and super filling!

I have a pineapple one waiting to be eaten... I will have to see what I can add to it ;)
  • cmack01
    cmack01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt and Great Grain Ceral.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I use it to make "raita", a cool dip/side with cucumber and mint to complement any Indian meal, I've been having it with hot kebabs or curry and rice since I was little, and I've always eaten like that or just as "dahi" which is plain greek yogurt.
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MY absolute favorite is Yoghurt Soup:

Boil half a cup of rice in about 4 or 5 cups of water or broth. While the rice is in there boiling and softening, mix your choice of flour ( 1 tbsp) with yoghurt (2 cups), if you wish you can add one egg yolk. Add this mixture to the pot and let it cook until the flour is all cooked, couple of minutes on medium heat and then turn it way down. When it has simmered for about 5 minutes, pour a little olive oil in a pan, heat it up in medium heat. Once its all heated up, put in tea spoon topped full of dried mint. let it set all its flavor into the oil, avoid burning the mint. Pour this into your soup, season, taste and serve. Modify the amount of rice for your taste.

Absolutely beautiful soup and very light when made with low fat yoghurt.

Thank you, I'm going to try it tonight, it sounds great!!

I usually eat it with: cinnamon, apples and some sugar
    with berries
    with lemon & sugar
    with hazelnut butter & sugar (and sometimes I add unsweetened cocoa)

Also, I eat it with smoked salmon & lemon, use it in salad dressings, add herbs and eat it with potatoes, etc.

So many ways to eat it!!! I actually use "fromage blanc", but I think it is quite the same...
  • MomofWooz
    Options
    loaded with fresh blueberries or mango!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A little cinnamon and something that ends in -berry. :D