30 Day Shred - starting on Friday March 15

Options

Replies

• mbar2010
    mbar2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done here! Wasn't as bad as I thought although having done it before I like level 2 better! Need to get back into the routine again, hoping we can all keep eachother motivated :)
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 1! It was hard, but I was actually proud of myself because I mostly made it all the way through - I missed two jumping jacks on one of the circuits, and my dog interrupted me in the last set of abs so I kind of got thrown off and took an unintended break (which at the time I was really mad at myself and my dog for!) but other than that I did it! I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow but I can honestly say that I actually ENJOYED it - I never enjoy workouts! I'm usually so dead by the end of them I can't even see the bright side - but this time, even though I was completely exhausted and aching, I really felt like this was something I could come back to. I know a lot of people say that they don't like Jillian Michael's personality and end up muting her later on, and maybe I'll change my mind, but I actually found what she said motivating to me - "you want this, work for it - this doesn't come for free!" really resonated with me and kept me pushing just a little bit harder and longer. Good job everyone else - we can totally do this!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like it when she says.. at the end during the bycylce crunches..this is FEAR leaving the body! ....nice:smile:
  • mbar2010
    Options
    Day 2 done!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Day 2 done!

Good Job!! :bigsmile: Me too just finished.. By the way where is everyone else?
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just did day one today, so I'm starting late... but that's ok! I can't wait to see how everyone did at the end of this month!
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of Level 1. Using a heart rate monitor, the calories clock in anywhere between 141 - 159. Of course that depends on height/weight/age. I'm 33 years old, 5'4'' and weigh 128 lbs. I love 30DS so far. It makes me sore as heck, but I'm glad to know it's working. I spazzed out the first three days when my weight went up 4 pounds, but that weight was all gone today, so I'm happy again. It's exciting to see so many others working the same program, as well!
  • mbar2010
    Options
    I'm in the north of Scotland - its raining here so the 30DS won today over going outside!! My 6 month old daughter finds me hillarious when I'm doing it and laughs her head off :)
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of Level 1. Using a heart rate monitor, the calories clock in anywhere between 141 - 159. Of course that depends on height/weight/age. I'm 33 years old, 5'4'' and weigh 128 lbs. I love 30DS so far. It makes me sore as heck, but I'm glad to know it's working. I spazzed out the first three days when my weight went up 4 pounds, but that weight was all gone today, so I'm happy again. It's exciting to see so many others working the same program, as well!

I am the same height as you and weigh 204..MFP says 242 cals ????
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I'm in the north of Scotland - its raining here so the 30DS won today over going outside!! My 6 month old daughter finds me hillarious when I'm doing it and laughs her head off :)

That s really sweet! :happy:
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started on Thursday 15th and it's good so far. But I do wonder if its having much of an effect. My muscles hurt and ache but I'm not sweating as much as I thought I would.

This probably sounds odd but I've a feeling is not going to work at all for me
    :(
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I am the same height as you and weigh 204..MFP says 242 cals ????

I know weight plays a big part in how many calories are burned during exercise so gave it a try. FOR SCIENCE :D
    36 years old 5'5" 193lb I strapped on the HRM for todays shred (day 6 level) MFP over estimated this burn, for me. I burned 218 calories in 21 minutes (I stretch a little longer after the video ends just hammies and arm circles nothing that breaks a sweat on its own). My heart rate does stay up for a little while after the shred so just going to the kitchen to grab a much needed glass of water burns more calories than usual. Hope that helped. Keep it up!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I started on Thursday 15th and it's good so far. But I do wonder if its having much of an effect. My muscles hurt and ache but I'm not sweating as much as I thought I would.

This probably sounds odd but I've a feeling is not going to work at all for me
    :(

What lbs of weight are you using? I started with 3 and upped it to five..That defiantely makes a difference..I am pouring sweat by the end..You could go to level 3 if its not challenging you:smile:
  • Cassea7
    Options
    [/quote]

I know weight plays a big part in how many calories are burned during exercise so gave it a try. FOR SCIENCE :D
    36 years old 5'5" 193lb I strapped on the HRM for todays shred (day 6 level) MFP over estimated this burn. I burned 218 calories in 21 minutes (I stretch a little longer after the video ends just hammies and arm circles nothing that breaks a sweat on its own). My heart rate does stay up for a little while after the shred so just going to the kitchen to grab a much needed glass of water burns more calories than usual. Hope that helped. Keep it up!
    [/quote]

what lb weight? I use 5 lbs
  • bethieb
    bethieb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did this before and lost alot of weight cant remember exact amount but I think about 1st (14lbs) just 5 months ago. I would like to do it again. I'm going to start Monday as I'm starting my 15 week challenge on Monday x So i;m starting Monday 18th March. I also attend Zumba classes 3x a week so will be continuing to do this. xx
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    5 lbs for everything but chest flys. Chest flys I do 8lbs. I do slow down on Jumping jacks sometimes because they make me have to pee. So maybe MFP is expecting you to do as many jacks as fast as you can until she says stop. I try to match Jillians speed but she is talking through them so maybe we could both go faster there.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 this morning about 7:30, and I gotta say, it was already easier than Day 1!! I actually finished the whole thing all out this morning. I'm jumping to Level 2 tomorrow for 2 days, then Level 3 for 2 day. Than back to 1 again. I think that will work better for me at least, because it keeps the muscles from get complacent.
  • KevinsCatie
    Options
    Oh and I got my 3 lbs weights today. That should make a big difference tomorrow also!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    I did level 2 today I forgot to mention and tomorrow I will do level three
  • KevinsCatie
    Options
    Finished my third day..... and holy crap I am feeling it. First time doing level 2, and as of right now I am waiting to feel my arms and legs again before I go get ready for for church. I'm also pretty sure this is the first time in history that I have worked out over the weekend (not including boot camp.) Cant believe that after 2 yrs I am actually sticking this thing out so far. Everything else I have tried to get back in the saddle has only ever lasted the first day. Well, on to day 4.....tomorrow!