Kicking the habit..... diet sodas

Options
2»

Replies

• bjigglepants
    Options
    i figure if you're gonna drink a soda, go whole hog and drink the real thing *L* i don't drink soda regularly, i can't. but occasionally i just crave one, so i drink one. and never the diet, always regular or decaf. like i said though, it's a rare occurrence when i just have to have one (usually once every month or two). i just started kicking my plain black coffee in the morning habit because of the caffeine. i still drink iced tea, but there's not nearly as much caffeine in that, plus i get all of the water. baby steps.
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    OK, 4-1-08, no more diet chocolate cherry dr pepper. :sad: :noway: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Too many bad things.

No, nope and no way, not until 4-1.......

I have 4 more in my 12 pack and I love them........

Hey, if you want to send them to me, I'll 'dispose' of them for ya :laugh:

We don't have super yummy delicious sounding diet chocolate cherry dr pepper up here in Canada :sad:

:drinker: Charlene :drinker:
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    We don't have super yummy delicious

i just giggled at "super yummy delicious". my 8 year old daughter, says that all the time!
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    ligytha, did you read the article befor eyou posted it? It certainly doesn't say that 1 can of diet pepsi a week is doing any harm. It says several a day will. Come on guys, if you're going to preach it, at least READ it first.

I wasn't talking to you in specific. Calm down.
    As a biologist in the school mentioned in the article, I am actually quite familiar with the material.
  • bpembleton
    Options
    Wow this is something I didn't even know. Not going lie.....I was drinking a can a day. As of tomorrow, it is gone.

Love the information I found out on here.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    WELL, AS FOR ME, i NEED TO BACK OFF A WHILE. i AM 2-3 A DAY AND THEN i HAVE A CRAVING FOR SUGAR!!!!
  • linze07
    linze07 Posts: 3
    Options
    i am pretty much addicted to Diet Sunkist :cry:
    although i do try to limit myself to one a day, unless its been a bad day :laugh:
    i guess i need to try to stay away from them. it's gonna be tough though.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Good for you on ditching the addiction to diet soda. Quite honestly I recommend it. Specially if you suffer from migraines, or joint problems to name a few. My daughter and I were suffering from migraines and after alot of doctor visits we connected it to the diet soda. Secondly my husband who has been diabetic most of his life and drank diet sodas almost exclusively nearly died of aspartame poisoning. It is truely a scarey thing to see. I am only saying this because if it keeps even one person from suffering the pain then it is worth it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I say, if you want to drink chemical soup, go for it. Too bad for your body if there is no nutritive value whatsoever.

I really feel the love on this post. :frown:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have cut way back 1 maybe 2 a day...down from at least 6 diet lime coke.

Here is another reason for you Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper lovers to quit...... or drink more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2W12A8Qow

Enjoy :happy:

Tim
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone has their opinion her and that is great.
    Thanks for the info.

I know everything in moderation, but for me dieting and diet drinks, leave me wanting more..

Thanx All...