Weight Loss Challenge For People Over 200lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 213 so 4 pounds since last week. I'll take that.
  • astrobob76
    Options
    The thing is that muscle does weigh more than fat, however muscle also burns more fat. So when you mix cardio in with weight training you are going to see different results, their will be tone over time, and it helps with the flabbyness of the excess skin. I have focus alot on cardio over the last 9 weeks. My arms are showing so much more flab...However when I lift more consistently the muscles tighten it all up and give you a cleaner look.

people, please! can we all stop perpetuating the myth that "muscle weighs more than fat"! tis is my biggest pet peeve of all time! 1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat, muscle is just denser, so you can look thinner but weigh more if you are muscular as opposed to being fat. as for which is better, id say weights and strict diet, ie, eating at a calorie deficit. 1 pound of fat burns 2-4 calories in a 24 hour span. 1 pound of muscle burns 30-50 calories in that same 24 hours. so adding a little mucsle will up your bmr. and if you are eating at a deficit, cardio is not really needed, unless you are doing it for the heart health benefit. all in all, both are beneficial, but you cant outwork a bad diet!
  • BillyWeaver1234
    Options
    Count me in! Currently about 210-212 with a goal weight of 175. Been doing mostly cardio but going to add weight training this evening. Any advice for a novice weight lifter (male ) would be much appreciated!! ;)
  • ThePilatesPrincess
    ThePilatesPrincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So how's everyone doing? Since I started on MFP 16 days ago, I've lost 5.5 lbs! I love this community! I've been logging my food faithfully, it's keeping me on track. I am doing Reformer Pilates twice a week, which I love and for cardio I'm walking and using the elliptical trainer.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ME, ME, ME!!!!! I am having a shocker lately. I lost 100lbs since last June but have just put 10lbs back on and feel like crap. I am currently at 230lbs and want to do this SO badly. Count me in! Add me as a friend! Everyone add me as a friend!