Losing Weight But Breasts Remain the Same

Options
Hi everyone,

Even though I have been losing weight (I've lost 20 since I started nearly 2 years ago and I'm down to a size 8 from a 14), my breasts are still the same size - and they're friggin' huge. I wear a 38G (my back does not hurt and they're not down to my knees), and I don't understand why they are not going down. I've always heard that when you start to lose weight, it begins at the breasts. Not with me!

I'm very concerned about this. When I look in the mirror, I'm nothing but boobs. If I were to lose my flabby belly, I'd be like Dolly Parton. How can I make my breasts smaller? Or do I really have to look into breast reduction surgery?

Thanks!

Replies

• karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine don't go down much either. When my weight was lower I was a 28/30 HH. They're currently 32J
    If you want them smaller, a reduction is, unfortunately, your best option.
    I am surprised your back is a 38 and you're a size 8. I strongly suspect you need to go to a god bra fitter as I have a32 back and am a 14!
    God luck
    Karen
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Most women I know lost at least a cup size during tweight loss, but I think it would depend on your overall body mass and such. Of course, it was 50/50 between complaints and hapiness in losing a cup size, so you can either count yourself lucky or unlucky!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm very concerned about this. When I look in the mirror, I'm nothing but boobs. If I were to lose my flabby belly, I'd be like Dolly Parton. How can I make my breasts smaller? Or do I really have to look into breast reduction surgery?

Don't be concerned. Boobies rock and big boobies rock even harder. Normal or small sized girls with big boobs are almost impossible to find all natural!! Some lady's lose all their boobs when they lose weight and they are bummed out. You dress up in a nice dress and with your big boobs you will get the attention of every guy. Then you can simply take your pick lol. If you are taken then I would highly suggest getting his opinion as I am sure he likes your huge boobs very much. :smile:

Breast reduction is blasphemy :laugh:
  • adeebish
    adeebish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience when I lost 20lbs years ago. I lost weight everywhere except in my boobs. I did end up getting breast reduction surgery and I am so glad I did. I didn't have back problems or anything but I did find they prevented me from doing some activities that I enjoyed such as horseback riding and basketball. it was just very uncomfortable as I'm sure you know, they get in the way when they are that big. I went from a 34DDD to a 34C. The surgery went great for me...but beware when I put weight back on a few years later guess where the weight went! Yep....I'm back up to a 34D but that is still more manageable than a DDD. Good luck to you and congrats on your weight loss!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Don't be concerned. Boobies rock and big boobies rock even harder. Normal or small sized girls with big boobs are almost impossible to find all natural!! Some lady's lose all their boobs when they lose weight and they are bummed out. You dress up in a nice dress and with your big boobs you will get the attention of every guy. Then you can simply take your pick lol. If you are taken then I would highly suggest getting his opinion as I am sure he likes your huge boobs very much. :smile:

This may be the best response I've read in a while.
  • lalaglo30
    lalaglo30 Posts: 33
    Options
    Some women have more fat in their breasts than breast tissue and some women have more tissue which means they wouldn't lose them as quickly.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I went up a cup size. I didn't think that was possible with a 150lb+ weight loss. Bodies are weird.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about it. Some women have bigger and some have smaller. They may go down but if there is a lot of big chested women in your family then they most likely will still be pretty big.

My tip is get fitted if they are bothering you, a great bra can go a long way. :flowerforyou:
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Must be nice! Mine were the first thing to go!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    don't be the reason is the place you want to lose is the last to go. I started out at 250 pounds and wore a size 44D. It seemed to take a long time before it would go down. I am now down to a 38C and 179 pounds. I wouldn't opt for any surgeries just yet. give it time
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    OP here ya go this is what I am talking about..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/923468-women-this-might-be-the-dumbest-thing-i-ve-posted

Trust me you are one of the lucky ones. :flowerforyou:
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 lbs and only gone down a cup size while my band size has gone down. went from a 38 DDD to a 36 DD. Sometimes they just arent gonna go anywhere. i personally am happy abt it. a lot of ppl pay for what i naturally have.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    dear OP,
    it's in the genes,
    which decide their composition,how much glandular(that is milk producing and supporting) tissue and how much would be fat.
    so, if you have not started with too much fat there,you are not going to lose that.
    that said , lowering your body fat percentage may help.
    surgery is something that is entirely your choice, make an informed choice.
    regards.
  • Shock_Wave
    Options
    surgery is something that is entirely your choice, make an informed choice.
    regards.

Another blasphemer :laugh:

ETA: www. Save CielArdent9 boobies. org
    hahaha
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never loose a cupsize. Lost 60 lbs a couple of years ago, went from a 36 G to a 34 G. I am a size 12 now, and 200 lbs--before I was 220 and a 14--still a 36 G. I was scheduled for a reduction when I was a teen,decided against it because Im gunna do this right! Loose poundage. Nothing. Ohs wells. I think once I am done having my children I'll opt for the surgery. My chest, litterally weighs about 20 lbs , if not more.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, the boobs never go, but the husband loves them so whatever.....my only complaint is that I haven't been able to pass the pencil test in several years after having my kids, hell at this point doint think I could past the magic marker test! :noway:

So any surgery I would opt for would be to hoist them puppies back up where they are suppose to be! :laugh:
  • Ajellyfish77
    Ajellyfish77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My worry was always my areolas :P DINNER PLATES LOL I kid you not but I started this program at work where you got points for how much excercise you did and to save time I would do two at once...

By walking AND playing with my medicine ball (you know those squishy ones with the weights in them) just tossing back and forth hand to hand while I travelled my breasts shrunk right up! Made a HUGE difference! Also make sure you are getting proper support while you work out. If you excercise without a bra that gives it to you your muscles have to work twice as hard to tighten and firm!

Hope this helped :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I lost from the top down, maybe because I'd gained from the bottom up? I returned to exactly the same bra size I'd worn before I gained the excess weight and for much of the time I was gaining it, and did it fairly early in the process. I sag more now but wear the same sized bra. I probably would have done the same as the OP - lost weight, but breasts remained the same - if I'd taken control of the situation a few years earlier, before I began larding up my upper torso.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    I've lost 45pds and my breasts are still the same too. Now, I'm starting to have shoulder problems that I didn't have before. *sigh* I might need a reduction.
  • Me48Plus2
    Me48Plus2 Posts: 73
    Options
    I only wish I had your problem. When I gain, I get boobs (and my husband is happy). When I lose, that's the first place I lose it. I have 3 different size bras. I don't want the extra pounds just to have boobs. It's a vicious cycle !!!