Losing Weight But Breasts Remain the Same

Options

Replies

• zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 55lbs so far and only lost, am guessing 1/2 D from my DDD (was 40DDD, now 38/36DD+half D), so it doesn't look like much in proportion. Genes are it. I can only see big breasted-women when I look at the line of women in my family. So check yours for clues.
    I used to be 34D until I had my kid, 13 years ago. I always thought I would get a breast reduction but always chickened out somehow. It is a pain to live with big breasts after all; try running after a preschooler, playing the guitar (where does it fit? all the room is taken!), fitting in nice button-styled clothes, or even fitting in training swimsuits or wetsuits, as if swimmers were all high-school-girl or Olympian-shaped gals. But during my latest weight loss, I have noticed with fat coming off my waist, it doesn't look too bad and actually got a bunch of compliments on my new shape. It has seriously led me to reconsider breast reduction surgery, and darn, I was so decided about it and even had it scheduled. I also live in microcosmic Orange County, where huge boobs seem to be the norm, so I may have lost some of my "objectivity". All that to say that I would seriously advocate for you to wait until you lose as much fat as possible and see if you're still in the "G's" before making a decision re surgery. But in the end, if surgery feels right for you, go for it. All the friends I have who did it absolutely love their new body.
  • Nino_Kan25
    Options
    First off I think all these misogynistic comments need to end. If she is uncomfortable with her breasts being that large you shouldn't tell her to keep them because you think big boobs are sexy.
    This isn't about your sexual turn-ons, its about her comfort. Secondly, OP, I would suggest talking to your doctor about breast reduction. If you've lost that much weight they may ask you to loose about 10 more pounds, but if it is causing pain you shouldn't have to live with it.
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm one of those that starts losing lbs from my breasts before anywhere else. You made me think of a friend who said something particular which might interest you in case you're a big soy-eater. She said that she drank lots of soy milk and ate lots of stuff with soy because it made her breasts bigger, but at the same time it made her moody, among other things. Maybe something to consider??
  • CielArdent9
    Options
    First off I think all these misogynistic comments need to end. If she is uncomfortable with her breasts being that large you shouldn't tell her to keep them because you think big boobs are sexy.
    This isn't about your sexual turn-ons, its about her comfort. Secondly, OP, I would suggest talking to your doctor about breast reduction. If you've lost that much weight they may ask you to loose about 10 more pounds, but if it is causing pain you shouldn't have to live with it.

Thank you Nino.

My breasts are not causing me any pain. I have a broad back so nothing to worry there. I'll meet my OB/GYN soon to discuss breast reduction. It's very expensive and I don't have much money, but it will be worth saving up for.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm soooo glad that other's have experienced this. When I talk about it, people think I am crazy! The first time I lost weight (220-160 11th grade) I went up a cup size. Everybody told me I was nuts even though I of course had to buy new bras. The second time I had the same problem, up a cup size. I've lost 45 lbs so far this time and am up a cup size again! I think I'm going to go nuts! I'm only a 38DDD but I'd be happy if they would fall off at this point!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Some women have more fat in their breasts than breast tissue and some women have more tissue which means they wouldn't lose them as quickly.

This.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Thank you Nino.

My breasts are not causing me any pain. I have a broad back so nothing to worry there. I'll meet my OB/GYN soon to discuss breast reduction. It's very expensive and I don't have much money, but it will be worth saving up for.

You'll need to see a plastic surgeon for this, not an obgyn. And mine was covered by my insurance, the plastic surgeon can advise you about that and deal with your insurance company.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    If you drop enough weight to have a BF under 20% they will go.

I'm in the bra business, and I doubt you are a 38.
  • CielArdent9
    Options

You'll need to see a plastic surgeon for this, not an obgyn. And mine was covered by my insurance, the plastic surgeon can advise you about that and deal with your insurance company.

True, but perhaps she can refer me to someone?
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I've dropped 55lbs so far and only lost, am guessing 1/2 D from my DDD (was 40DDD, now 38/36DD+half D), so it doesn't look like much in proportion. Genes are it. I can only see big breasted-women when I look at the line of women in my family. So check yours for clues.
    I used to be 34D until I had my kid, 13 years ago. I always thought I would get a breast reduction but always chickened out somehow. It is a pain to live with big breasts after all; try running after a preschooler, playing the guitar (where does it fit? all the room is taken!), fitting in nice button-styled clothes, or even fitting in training swimsuits or wetsuits, as if swimmers were all high-school-girl or Olympian-shaped gals. But during my latest weight loss, I have noticed with fat coming off my waist, it doesn't look too bad and actually got a bunch of compliments on my new shape. It has seriously led me to reconsider breast reduction surgery, and darn, I was so decided about it and even had it scheduled. I also live in microcosmic Orange County, where huge boobs seem to be the norm, so I may have lost some of my "objectivity". All that to say that I would seriously advocate for you to wait until you lose as much fat as possible and see if you're still in the "G's" before making a decision re surgery. But in the end, if surgery feels right for you, go for it. All the friends I have who did it absolutely love their new body.

I wish people realised that the CUP size of a 36DDD is NOT anywhere near the cup size od a 40DDD
    you haven't lost half a cup, you have lost 3.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I wish people realised that the CUP size of a 36DDD is NOT anywhere near the cup size od a 40DDD

Gasp! Go tell the salespeople at Nordstrom! They say the number, is the circumference of the bust, and the letters are the depth of the cup. It also seems to be the way the plastic surgeon I talked to was sizing it. Been carrying these breasts for the last 35 years, both sides of the Atlantic, am curious to see if there's a more accurate approach I been missing all these years. Please share your approach, dearest Tigress.
  • CielArdent9
    Options

I went to Linda the Bra Lady in NYC and I measured 38G. Are you saying I should be bigger or smaller?
  • TigressPat
    Options

Gasp! Go tell the salespeople at Nordstrom! They say the number, is the circumference of the bust, and the letters are the depth of the cup. It also seems to be the way the plastic surgeon I talked to was sizing it. Been carrying these breasts for the last 35 years, both sides of the Atlantic, am curious to see if there's a more accurate approach I been missing all these years. Please share your approach, dearest Tigress.

no one at Nordstrom will tell you that the CUP on a 36DDD is the SAME as the cup on a 40DDD

it's easy enough to prove.
    go to any bra store. go to walmart. go to target. go to lane bryant, VS, La Senza, doesn't matter.
    pick up a 32D a 34D, a 36D and a 38D

or a 34C, 36C, 38C

or anything you like as long as you use the same bra style and the same CUP LETTER with a different BAND size

hold them up to each other and compare

revel in your "wrongness"

there's nothing wrong with how nordstrom sizes, the problem is with your comprehension of it.
  • TigressPat
    Options

I went to Linda the Bra Lady in NYC and I measured 38G. Are you saying I should be bigger or smaller?

when did you go? was is recently?

I think you look smaller than a 38 band, I would also say you look smaller than a 38G cup, but maybe Linda uses US sizes, which are frankly asinine. and maybe she uses the plus 4 method, which is even sillier.
  • Nino_Kan25
    Options

Thank you Nino.

Any time. I find it really disrespectful that men would tell you to keep them because they like big boobs and disregard your personal decision for your own body.
    And we are still shocked by the stupid comments concerning women's bodies in Congress. Smdh.
  • CielArdent9
    Options

when did you go? was is recently?

I think you look smaller than a 38 band, I would also say you look smaller than a 38G cup, but maybe Linda uses US sizes, which are frankly asinine. and maybe she uses the plus 4 method, which is even sillier.

I went last month. I was originally measured at 34 but the bras literally dug into my sides and I had to attach those extra bands in the back. I might actually be 36 or 37 though. I did measure my cups on my own and from what I calculated it came to a G. My bra fights fine in the cups. Is it because I have wide shoulders? I heard that could make you look smaller than you really are.
  • CielArdent9
    Options

Thank you Nino.

Any time. I find it really disrespectful that men would tell you to keep them because they like big boobs and disregard your personal decision for your own body.
    And we are still shocked by the stupid comments concerning women's bodies in Congress. Smdh.

Not only that, I didn't appreciate some of the guys here asking to show them pics. What kind of woman do they take me for? Do they think because I'm large they have a right to see them? That was disrespectful and misogynist, even if they were only kidding.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My boobs are gone!! I wouldn't complain if I were you.
  • CielArdent9
    Options
    My boobs are gone!! I wouldn't complain if I were you.

If I were smaller, like a D or DD, I wouldn't be complaining.
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    it took me forever to loose fat by reducing my bodyfat% to reduce my breast size - but through diet, exercise I finally have managed to get them in better shape - not exactly a huge reduction in size but the overall firmness from weight lifting now after droping the lbs has been amazing. I actually can see my breast bones for the first time ever! it is possible, but you have to be consisent and patience.
    I figure even if I had gotten a breast reduction, if i didn't change my ways i would be back upto my original size, so I set a huge goal and am working hard tomaintain it. I will never be exactly happy with my breast size - but I am able to do the things I enjoy and come to love like: running and swimming that i thought wouldn't be fun being large.

Here's a recent blog I posted: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SASSYnCHICago