what's your breakfast cereal of choice?

Options
kjoy_
kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
i have a serious love of breakfast cereal, it used to be captain crunch, honey smacks, lucky charms etc. i'm trying to act at least a little my age and switch to a lower-sugar cereal. i've been eating Kix and Kashi Indigo Morning for a couple months now, and i wanted to know what's good and pretty healthy in your breakfast cereal world? i'm into crunchy, puffy-type cereals

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I like rice krispies. Lol.

But for healthy, nutritious cereal - I like oats topped with fruit!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Crunch with a banana. It reminds of an old cereal, I think it was like Smacks or something. I know there was a frog on the box. :) I also like a vanilla granola kind from Trader Joes.

Edited: Honey Smacks! You mentioned it in your post. Guess I should have read better.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've not had cereal in a while but the last brand that I really enjoyed and kept me satisfied for the entire morning was Nature's Path Optimum Power Blueberry Cinnamon Flax.

The best part about Nature's Path is it's GMO-free.

http://us.naturespath.com/product/optimum-powerr-blueberry-cinnamon-flax-cereal
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat Speciak K with strawberries and add a banana or the Vanilla Almond kind is really good, too!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereals are excellent. Many (not all) have a good amount of fiber & protein. Kashi Golden Sunshine is like a low sugar Cap'n Crunch

Kashi Heart to Heart is my fave .... like cheerios (only ... with more fiber) .... also in a cinnamon variety

Special K (original flavor) has a good amount of protien .... I have a piece of fruit alongside (for fiber).

I'm a steel cut oatmeal fan too... I usually mix in powdered peanut butter (protien powder works too).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Reese's Puffs cereal. After that, it would be either cinnamon Life or peanut butter Capn Crunch or Cocoa Pebbles or Cocoa Puffs.

It's hard to pick. Honestly, I get whichever cereal is less than $2.50 a box.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    honey nut cheerios or honey bunches of oats. If the milk isn't sweet afterwards, I don't like it.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ah these all sound great, i think i'm finally ready to expand my cereal horizons. :cry: my mother would be so proud.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nature's path organics oatbran/ flax plus multigrain flakes. Only 4g of sugar and 5g of fiber. And they taste good too. I only have them once in a blue moon though.
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    Grape Nuts.....or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Depends on if I ran or not that morning.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I like pain ol' wheat bran flakes with a bit of sugar. I tend to stay away from the kid's cereals. I am capable of consuming an entire box of Lucky Charms in one sitting.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Chocolatey Delight!!!!!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms... om nom nom
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Plain ol cheerios
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios. Been eating them everyday for breakfast since middle school!
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have come to only eat oatmeal, I think any others are empty carbs. My favorite is Better Oats (maple brown sugar) I think it is only 90 cal or so and very yummy.
  • SillyEdee
    Options
    I love my Wheatabix!! :love:
  • Jennybebop
    Jennybebop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am crazy about Fiber One's new 80 calorie honey squares! http://www.fiberone.com/products/cereal/80-calories-honey-squares

I also love the new flavors that Cheerios has out - in particular, the peanut butter ones. Yum!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    These days, i only have muesli, Ancient Grains or Red River. There was a time when i swore up & down that i would not change my cereal selections and loved every kind possible. Then i realized i had to be more adult about my choices if i actually wanted to lose weight and get healthier.

Key factor: i used to have 2 huge unmeasured bowls of cereal for breakfast. Now i measure out my cereal to one bowl of the recommended serving size (or less) on the side of the box.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Corn Flakes...always have always will...

NO KASHI!