Locked Topic...

Options

Replies

• jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read the original post about your success, so I can't comment on that. However, I feel it is a little hypocritical of the mods to lock subjects like that, but there will be multiple posts everyday with subjects like, Rate the person above you...Bang, kiss, hug, or wave in regards to the person above you.

Those posts are in the chit chat section and do not violate any rules. MFP feels that topics on hCG violate their rule which they clearly posted for her when locking the topic. It is a private site and they have the right to set rules.
    So, they follow that rule to the letter, but rule regarding pictures is somewhat flexible?
    All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity

All I see when I read your reply is BANANA HAMMOCKS, BANANA HAMMOCKS, BANANA HAMMOCKS....... hahahahaha
    HAHAHA...I hope I don't get banned for posting their rules.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    This is why it is a locked topic:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

HCG is not approved as a weight loss drug in the U.S. Your 'doctor' should not be prescribing it.

It is not allowed to be marketed or labelled as a weightloss drug but doctors are allowed to prescribe drugs for off label use. It is done all the time.

It would come down to the board who licenses the doctors to decide if it is ethical or whatever.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read the original post about your success, so I can't comment on that. However, I feel it is a little hypocritical of the mods to lock subjects like that, but there will be multiple posts everyday with subjects like, Rate the person above you...Bang, kiss, hug, or wave in regards to the person above you.

because HCG is actually harmFUL, and the rating threads are harmLESS.
    you able to pick up what i'm puttin down, or do you need it simplified even further?

you're fighting a losing battle on this one, but by all means, continue. it's fun to watch.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You're on day 27 of 40 days. I'd like to know how you're doing 3 months AFTER the 40 days and you've started eating like a normal person again to see if the weight has stayed off.
    I'm guessing that in the end it won't work for her any better than the Phentermine did. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286477-hello-myfitnesspal

OP, if you want to lose weight healthily and keep it off, I strongly advise ditching the wonder drugs. Eat less, but not too much less. Move more, doing something you like and will keep doing because you enjoy it long after you've reached your goal weight. And above all, be patient.

Best of luck.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol
  • adreeea
    adreeea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OP, Congrats on your loss. I know how happy you must feel. I used the homeopathic HCG for awhile and I lost weight, felt great and haven't gained it back in over a year. So many hateful comments have been said in this thread, so I wanted you to know that I agree that it isn't all bad.

That being said, it wasn't realistic for my lifestyle with so many food restrictions and rules as well as not being able to work out. I was happy with the quick results but am aiming to be a little more healthy and sustainable this time around. If that means slower, I am okay with that.
  • jdelot
    Options

you able to pick up what i'm puttin down, or do you need it simplified even further?

you're fighting a losing battle on this one, but by all means, continue. it's fun to watch.
    Ok. I'm not sure why you feel the need to use that "tone" with me. I was simply saying that it's a little hypocritical to enforce one rule to the letter, but not all of them. Who are you to say those threads are harmless? Maybe some people do get offended by them. If it's going to be like that, then we should never see another cleavage shot, or underwear shot on here again, right? They should spend night and day, scouring the profiles looking for images like that.
  • chandlera07
    chandlera07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OP, you knew it was a forbidden topic, your title even said so (and yes, I read the original thread that was locked).

The reasons why it was locked were sited above by two different posters. Continuing to push it by posting this thread only fuels the flames. If you haven't read the rules, read them immediately and follow them. Or if you don't like them and don't plan to follow them, find another site to use that'll put up with your shenanigans. Seriously, it's a free site...do you really think you have grounds to complain?

Just admit it, you were trying to stir things up (by knowingly posting about something controversial here on MFP) and you won't let it go. That makes you a troll my dear.

And come back in a year when you're off the meds and tell us how you've kept the weight off in a healthy way. Then I might listen to your success story.

Actually my friend that recommended this to me has kept the weight off for 3 years now. Do some research. There are many many success stories of people able to keep it off. You learn the healthy things to eat on this diet. Once off, you can increase your intake, but keep to the same healthy foods. It isn't a hard concept to grasp.

And I have never been called a troll, ever. That made me laugh. Good one. I however, agree it is a free site. It is a free site with a message board full of people weight loss stories. I was angry I was not able to share mine. That is all.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    OP, Congrats on your loss. I know how happy you must feel. I used the homeopathic HCG for awhile and I lost weight, felt great and haven't gained it back in over a year. So many hateful comments have been said in this thread, so I wanted you to know that I agree that it isn't all bad.

That being said, it wasn't realistic for my lifestyle with so many food restrictions and rules as well as not being able to work out. I was happy with the quick results but am aiming to be a little more healthy and sustainable this time around. If that means slower, I am okay with that.

Don't forget the health risks.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Ok. I'm not sure why you feel the need to use that "tone" with me. I was simply saying that it's a little hypocritical to enforce one rule to the letter, but not all of them. Who are you to say those threads are harmless? Maybe some people do get offended by them. If it's going to be like that, then we should never see another cleavage shot, or underwear shot on here again, right? They should spend night and day, scouring the profiles looking for images like that.

Because this rule is more important than some woman in her bikini being proud of her progress!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options

The difference is that HCG and eating 500 calories a day is harmful to your HEALTH. Threads like the ones you are referring to are not.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My cousin works for a DOCTOR at a clinic that does HCG. Currently, her and her boyfriend are on DOZENS of different kinds of supplements, pills, etc that he has prescribed them. Perfectly, healthy 24 year old couple, average to fit body shape and they are now addicts to pills. They are miserable people to be around now and are so drugged up they hardly get off the couch.

Any dr the suggests HCG is a quack. Period.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Righteous Indignation? Really? If you do not have encouraging words for people, you should not be posting. We all are here with the same goals. It is people like you that should be blocked. And yes he was a "doctor" and a very good one at that.

Wait, why did you put doctor in quotes?

hBCC93E7B
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for you. You could have starved yourself for free.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Actually my friend that recommended this to me has kept the weight off for 3 years now. Do some research. There are many many success stories of people able to keep it off. You learn the healthy things to eat on this diet. Once off, you can increase your intake, but keep to the same healthy foods. It isn't a hard concept to grasp.

And I have never been called a troll, ever. That made me laugh. Good one. I however, agree it is a free site. It is a free site with a message board full of people weight loss stories. I was angry I was not able to share mine. That is all.

You know what isn't a hard concept? Eating less, and moving more. Not drinking what is essentially pregnant lady pee. Your success story is against the rules of this site...HCG is DUMB and ILLEGAL in the US.

But good job to you OP. I will eat 1800-2000 calories and still lose weight the HEALTHY way...
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I read your original post, and honestly I think it's a load of horsepoop.
    While I applaud your weight-loss, I'll be more proud of you if you did it in a way that's more similar to what MFP tries to do.
    While people aren't always supportive, it doesn't mean you need to advertise your weight-loss method of random hormones.
    Thanks, but no thanks
  • jdelot
    Options

Because this rule is more important than some woman in her bikini being proud of her progress!
    I disagree. A rule is a rule. The OP violated a rule and got her thread locked. I get that part. But, there needs to be consistency.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Righteous Indignation? Really? If you do not have encouraging words for people, you should not be posting. We all are here with the same goals. It is people like you that should be blocked. And yes he was a "doctor" and a very good one at that.

Wait, why did you put doctor in quotes?

hBCC93E7B

And WAS a 'doctor'
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    I feel bad for you. You could have starved yourself for free.

I was drinking my water when I read this...You really should be thinking about that before you make comments like you did!
This discussion has been closed.