ericmessier
ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
Because someone has already worn them.
Poor
New clothes make you feel good
Poor
The smell
Poor

Do you honestly feel good that you bought a pair of 5 year old jeans for $1.99? :laugh:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Someone has already farted in those 5 year old $1.99 jeans.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Someone has already farted in those 5 year old $1.99 jeans.
    :laugh:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am an environmental scientist. I am poor. I prefer not to support sweat shops. I can't stand the mall. I like supporting charities.

I will continue to thrift shop until they all turn into hipster wannabes like Buffalo Exchange.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    No.
    Yes?
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I shop in thrift stores all the time. I've lost two pants sizes in the past few months and don't want to pay full price for "temporary" clothes. I LOVE finding a pair of jeans for $1.99! I do feel good wearing them. I always feel good saving money and still getting something "new" (new to me)!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.
    Yes?
    Maybe.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Who says that Goodwill is the ONLY thrift shop?

I shop a lot of resale stores, get credit for my slightly used but now way too big for me clothes and find some other "Still losing weight clothes". I'm not poor by any means, I just don't see much point in buying overly expensive clothes I will probably only fit in for a month or so.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:
  • ericmessier
    Options
    Hey I applaude everyone that ONLY buys from the malls. Those name brand clothes sooner or later make their way into my closet at a fraction of the cost. Thank you! :drinker:
    You think I'm going to donate my DKNY jeans? You cray cray. Get on my level.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I shop sales at Buckle and other things. New expensive things on sale are awesome
    oh and i wear my clothes til the fall apart, or off. No sharing for thrift stores for me.
  • ericmessier
    Options
    I shop sales at Buckle and other things. New expensive things on sale are awesome
    oh and i wear my clothes til the fall apart, or off. No sharing for thrift stores for me.
    Buckle <33333
  • ericmessier
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options

designer jeans... DEYL?
  • ericmessier
    Options

designer jeans... DEYL?
    Yea I lift bro
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    But Macklemore says so...
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Because someone has already worn them.
    Poor
    New clothes make you feel good
    Poor
    The smell
    Poor

Do you honestly feel good that you bought a pair of 5 year old jeans for $1.99? :laugh:

Proof right now that you are not poor.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I burn my clothes when I'm done with them, because I'll be damned if any poor person is going to wear something I wore once.
    Who do these poor people think they are wanting us to donate our Lucky jeans? Wtf people?

Yea, get a job and get your own jeans. I mean, who cares if I'll never wear them again. Neither will you!
  • Valerie_Malone
    Valerie_Malone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't shop at thrifty stores because I have a fear that someone had died in the clothes.
This discussion has been closed.