Red, White, Beer, or Liquor?

Options
I was wondering, if one was to drink alcohol which would be the best drink for someone on a diet plan? I'm not saying I want to get completely snockered, just that I'm not sure about cutting out ALL alcohol ALL the time... just when I do, what is the smartest option?

I realize that I could probably google a million blogs or some post by Oprah about it but A.) I am intellectually lazy at this moment and B.) I rather enjoy the social interaction that may incur due to this post. So please, fling your opinions upon me.

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    scotch and water on the rocks = 65 calories
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Really? I've never tried scotch before but I am always up for an adventure or a challenge. Thanks!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The answer is always Guinness.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    vodka, has only 70 caloreis per shot , no carbs,
  • sindikumva
    Options
    The answer is always Guinness.

This!

All alcohol is going to be pretty much empty calories so decide what you want to drink (taste wise) and then look for a healthier alternative (obviously the healthiest thing would be to leave out the alcohol).
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    vodka, has only 70 caloreis per shot , no carbs,

This! :drinker:
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    red wine, glass a day. very healthy.

look up the health benefits, all the cardiologists recommend it to us as students ;)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic or Vodka and diet tonic.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Decide what you want and fit it in.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    All of the above
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Any unsweetened liquor will be 65-70 cals per ounce. Scotch, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, White Rum. Bourbons are probably a little more, and any of the flavored vodkas and rums and darker rums are a little more.

Drink them up, on the rocks, with water or soda (like seltzer) with a lime or lemon if you like.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    YES, to all!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic or Vodka and diet tonic.

... I thought tonic WAS diet... O_o...

so much to learn... so little space to contiains it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Beer or Bourbon, because that's what I like.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You said "snockered" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was getting in shape for a show he was cast in, and all he drank was red wine. He looks pretty damn good now, and keep in mind he's joked about basically being a functioning alcoholic, in that he drinks at least one or two glasses daily.

If you just want to get drunk, vodka shots are the answer.

Beyond that, drink what you enjoy. I drink several times a week and have managed to stay right around my ideal weight and body, and I drink wine (red and white), beer, and occasionally liquor. It is worth mentioning when I drink liquor, I usually splurge for something higher quality that I can drink on the rocks, but that's really because a) I'm a liquor snob and b) I don't keep soda and juice around the house anyway, so buying some to have the occasional mixed drink is silly. Also worth mentioning beer is apparently a really good recovery drink after an long and intense cardio work out.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

look up the health benefits, all the cardiologists recommend it to us as students ;)

Red Wine became my choice of beverage after I figured out that My Beloved Beer was working against me because I am not overly tolerant of items containing gluten... damn genetics...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I drink it all, and rarely count it.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Red Wine became my choice of beverage after I figured out that My Beloved Beer was working against me because I am not overly tolerant of items containing gluten... damn genetics...

yep, its the best ;):drinker: